Milwaukee vs DeWalt....

RickyMcGrath

The lack of transparency is what bugs me. If you were getting married in Vegas next week, and the airline hit you up saying upgrade your flight to first class free of charge you'd take it right?....only to find it the flight is 3 months from now. 

Still a good deal...but you're screwed in the meantime, and not just by your bride to be. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don't know how that would work since I received my free tool already. They'd probably charge me retail meaning I'd spend an extra $230 by not sticking it out. 

8 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Lol well the wait is the price you pay for the free tool I guess. Worth it in the end. Battery promo isn't as good. Unless it was a Milwaukee promo for M18 6.0 which practically cost more than tools. 

Gotcha.

Fast. Cheap. Good. Pick any two, you lose the third

• Like 1

You could be in my boat.... Took the 15% off at the fourth. Now here I am half a flippin' month after the "ship date". No saw. No free tool. No peace!? I call and ask for a shipping update... "Imminently". I don't know about you.... But imminent apparenty has a different meaning to me. I call and ask for the free bare tool (15% isn't THAT much...) "sure, only if you are willing to cancel and re-order".... At the back of the line! Even though CPO isn't paying for that free tool.... Just crap!! I'm about ready to cancel my order and call acme to see if they will match my order on a promise to only deal with Acme from now on. 

• Like 1

You could be in my boat.... Took the 15% off at the fourth. Now here I am half a flippin' month after the "ship date". No saw. No free tool. No peace!? I call and ask for a shipping update... "Imminently". I don't know about you.... But imminent apparenty has a different meaning to me. I call and ask for the free bare tool (15% isn't THAT much...) "sure, only if you are willing to cancel and re-order".... At the back of the line! Even though CPO isn't paying for that free tool.... Just crap!! I'm about ready to cancel my order and call acme to see if they will match my order on a promise to only deal with Acme from now on. 

Acme is now also offering the free tool [emoji481]

@ToughToolReviews on Instragram

CPO has the 3/4 back in stock and I almost bought it but I can't even talk myself into buying a grinder or a circular saw that I don't need to get a free impact that I could use but don't need even after I talked myself into buying a Metabo rotohammer and grinder combo and a makita impact driver straight from Japan that I don't need this week. I am a disgrace to the forum. :(

• Like 3

Lol Sterc, what I took away from that post is you still ended up with new tools recently. No disgrace detected. We all do have budgets still, no need to be in the poor house just to post in the "what did you buy" thread. Most would agree shops can be cluttered enough before tools start duplicating like rabbits. 

• Like 2

On 9/12/2016 at 10:16 PM, Hugh Jass said:

...hmmm. 

You would be relying on the idea that the return could happen in time (are you sure your discounted tool will be to you in 30 days?) and that a Home Depot employee at the customer service desk is not going to notice a shipping sticker and address on the side of your return from "Discounts 'R' Us". If they say no, how angry will you be at that point? and who's fault will it really be? 

Bargains are great but so is timeliness. This goes bac to that old proverb about a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

• Like 2