DCS520 Track Saw / plunge saw Flexvoltsystem

midogrumpy

Hi guys,

over the next copule of days a have a few pics and tools to share

Here is the release of the DCS520 track saw / plunge saw

initially might be a Europe thing 

release planned September 2016

(my friend is currently testing it)

again, don´t be irretated with the 54Volt Flexvolt battery (= identical to USA VErsion 60V max*)

dewalt-tauchkreissaege.jpg

cheers

mike

• Like 7

Hopefully then end up bringing it over to the states. I would defiantly interested in the 60v Track Saw and 12" Miter. We don't have a whole lot of track saw options in the USA right now. Tool companies should really work on the marketing as it's a great more portable replacement for a table saw in some situations.

5 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Now that I really like, don't know if you need it on a 60v platform but there are only so many tracksaws available

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with Jimbo on this one, would have really liked to see this on the 20V platform as well. Not sure if I can justify getting into this new platform just yet. 

Having said that, thanks for the tool news though. Any other tools your friend is testing but you can't divulge info on yet?

5 hours ago, midogrumpy said:

Hi guys,

over the next copule of days a have a few pics and tools to share

Here is the release of the DCS520 track saw / plunge saw

initially might be a Europe thing 

release planned September 2016

(my friend is currently testing it)

again, don´t be irretated with the 54Volt Flexvolt battery (= identical to USA VErsion 60V max*)

dewalt-tauchkreissaege.jpg

cheers

mike

Nice Mike. I've got the wee lil Festool contractor with a couple of FSK rails and it can use the regular rails. This is an awesome move from Dewalt!!!

I wonder if the battery on the back gives it a funny balance point...still looks cool.

All track saws are blade right...you don't need to see the cut on a track saw...kinda the point of the track.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StrippedScrew said:

Is it more or is the secondary handle looks like a piece of plastic thrown on? Looks odd.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. With Dewalt being an active participant on the forum, the feedback makes it's way back. So just ignore my complaints for a little while, lol. 

What I do love about that saw though...look how fantastic the index markings are for depth and miter. Finally a saw that can be set at a glance that's not a $700-$800 festool. Me likey. 

HEY, what's that dial for at the top?! Is that variable speed or something?

On 6/25/2016 at 8:15 AM, Hugh Jass said:

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. With Dewalt being an active participant on the forum, the feedback makes it's way back. So just ignore my complaints for a little while, lol. 

What I do love about that saw though...look how fantastic the index markings are for depth and miter. Finally a saw that can be set at a glance that's not a $700-$800 festool. Me likey. 

HEY, what's that dial for at the top?! Is that variable speed or something?

If you are the only squeaky wheel, chances are greater that they will ignore you.

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Bremon said:

I'll wait on a hybrid 10" table saw, just like I'll (impatiently) wait on a blade left 7.25" since I already have a blade left 6.5 and blade right 7.25. 

Me too...I'm holding out for the blade left even though I could make great use of the updated 60v as I use my 6.5 every day and find it just underpowered for my needs cutting PT as the RPM's drop just a bit lower than I like to keep the cuts clean. It works...but I'd update in a second. 

7 hours ago, Bremon said:

Hopefully they remember the rafter hook this time

Hopefully they will have the saws so the folks who want a rafter hook can put one on and folks who don't can leave it off, they could have it go on or off with one or two screws (If they were really slick it would take the same wrench as the blade screw).

• Like 3