DeWalt and Milwaukee?

Jronman

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

Maybe they just ship all the garbage to us up here in Canada haha. Healthy supply of stem packs here for some reason. 

There is going to be a healthy supply, they were the most numerous tools on construction sites for years. I think the number was almost 50% of the market for more than half a decade. Not stocking batteries for the most popular tools would be like tire dealers saying "All the new cars run 16 inch or bigger tires, so we aren't going to stock 15 inchers any more."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bremon said:

Yeah they had huge market share, hence the extra painful transition to better technology and dragging their feet to make the most out of the investment they'd already made. 

Dewalt not having a 20v max adapter was a huge fail. That defiantly motivated some people to try other tool brands. People might not like Milwaukee power tools but you have to admit they have grown the brand significantly the past 8 years or so with innovation and aggressive marketing and sales. Milwaukee always has some kind of free battery or tool promo going on.

• Like 2

I am a DeWALT guy, that being said......

Long live Millwaukee !!!

Long live DeWALT !!!!

no doubt they are both high quality brands with loyal followings. Each side will have shortcomings and high points.

I look at it this way ...... It's a Coke or Pepsi type scenario...As long as we have options we can always get the job done &

always be happy !! (relatively speaking of course)....

just imagine one day RED & YELLOW join forces to fight all the evil in the world ........

• Like 2

I am a DeWALT guy, that being said......

Long live Millwaukee !!!

Long live DeWALT !!!!

no doubt they are both high quality brands with loyal followings. Each side will have shortcomings and high points.

I look at it this way ...... It's a Coke or Pepsi type scenario...As long as we have options we can always get the job done &

always be happy !! (relatively speaking of course)....

just imagine one day RED & YELLOW join forces to fight all the evil in the world ........

You're evil. How dare you suggest they cooperate??!!! Haha I agree though, I've never been dead set on one brand, they are definitely great brands the both of them. Just have what I need with Milwaukee for the time being, and don't see a reason to get into dewalt.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

You're evil. How dare you suggest they cooperate??!!! Haha I agree though, I've never been dead set on one brand, they are definitely great brands the both of them. Just have what I need with Milwaukee for the time being, and don't see a reason to get into dewalt.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Imagine the possibilities ...

brushless brushes .....!!

cordless cords .....!!

"Buy what you need . Use what you want"

at the end of the day ......???????

• Like 1

Technology is a double edged sword. Some of these tools are far more advanced because of technology but in the same breathe the technology is also making the tools somewhat vulnerable to break downs. I myself dont think the 2 companies are on the same playing level bring them together one would benefit more than the other...

• Like 1

Milwaukee makes way more cordless tools specifically suited to my trade, so the choice was clear. Have a metric ton of them, and not a single problem with a one, in heavy daily use. As a pro working out of a truck, having more than one brand of cordless doesn't make any sense for me.

When it came to corded stuff, always bought more on the features that the specific tool offered, not so much on the brand. All of the contractor-grade brands are pretty equal, quality-wise. Have never been into the Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge thing.

• Like 2