Circular saw or sawzall?

olletsocmit

I'd agree on the above and get the circular saw, it's general more useful for your every day use. Unless you're planning on doing a lot of demolition or related work, I'd get the circular saw.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great advice guys. There is a $200 6.5" fuel circ saw and an 7.5" for like $230 the smaller one should be more then sufficient right? I already have a corded circular saw so I'm not sure if I would need 2 or I'll like to fuel one so much I won't use a corded one again? But the closest thing I have to a sawzall is my Milwaukee M18 jigsaw. due to money constraints currently I'm trying to make the best decision. The majority of work is around my home. Drywall work, electrical, repairs to deck, putting floor in attic above garage, etc

I haven't touched any of my corded recips since getting the Fuel Sawzall when it first came out. I doubt a pro user would consider the brushed one close. I'm also pretty sure the brushed is more than adequate for average DIY use. I would think a DIY'er would get more use out of a circular saw than they would a fullsize recip.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't notice a difference between my Fuel sawzall or the 13 amp corded ones we use at work. I also don't notice a difference between my 6.5" Fuel circ saw and the corded Makita sidewinder we have use at work (6.5, the beam saw is a different story haha). I would go for circular saw. Recip saws are more suited to demo.

Great advice guys. There is a $200 6.5" fuel circ saw and an 7.5" for like $230 the smaller one should be more then sufficient right? I already have a corded circular saw so I'm not sure if I would need 2 or I'll like to fuel one so much I won't use a corded one again? But the closest thing I have to a sawzall is my Milwaukee M18 jigsaw. due to money constraints currently I'm trying to make the best decision. The majority of work is around my home. Drywall work, electrical, repairs to deck, putting floor in attic above garage, etc

I have the 6 1/2 and I love it, more than enough power, I haven't used my corded one in months. Unless your cutting plywood stacks you won't really notice the difference in size

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have the 6 1/2 and I love it, more than enough power, I haven't used my corded one in months. Unless your cutting plywood stacks you won't really notice the difference in size

Jimbo

Thanks Jimbo for your advice as always . so looks like I've decided on the fuel circular saw there's two options there's the 6 1/2 fuel and the 7 1/4 one. The seven the half inch it's 35 bucks more but I don't want to go over kill because you can always add 35 bucks and keep getting more expensive.

Everyone, Should I get the 6.5 or 7.25 on?? Is one better? Not cutting anything thicker then 2x4's

6.5 is more than enough, the only time you notice the difference is cutting stacks of plywood. I have the 6 1/2" and I love it, great saw!

Only difference is the blade orientation, 6 1/2" blade is left, 7 1/4" is blade right... That comes down to preference as well

Jimbo

And even then, you can't cut stacks of plywood indefinitely on 18V saws anyway, because the battery heats too much. 

I would say that most people (not chippes) will hardly pick up a corded saw again after getting a FUEL circ or recip. And just keep an eye out for a super cheap corded unit from a garage sale / craigslist if you want a backup.

I've heard here that the regular M18 recip isn't that good, but never used it myself.

And even then, you can't cut stacks of plywood indefinitely on 18V saws anyway, because the battery heats too much. 

I would say that most people (not chippes) will hardly pick up a corded saw again after getting a FUEL circ or recip. And just keep an eye out for a super cheap corded unit from a garage sale / craigslist if you want a backup.

I've heard here that the regular M18 recip isn't that good, but never used it myself.

True words dwain! Heard the same about the non-fuel. Get a worm drive for stacks but can still be done if you don't need a whole lot cut

Jimbo

• Like 1

OK guys so I ended up just picking up the 6 1/2 fuel circular saw they were willing to give me the 7 1/4" one for basically the same price as the 6 1/2"one... I can still do it tomorrow if I want but I think for my situation to 6 1/2 is more than perfect! The bigger one was quite a bit heavier and didn't balance as well as the smaller one either way it's a fuel circular saw. Please comment am I going to regret it?? So the 6 1/2 fuel circular saw was $200 and then they took 10% off for me. So I ended up 180 for it not sure if it's a great deal or not. For about $10 bucks more I could get the bigger one but I guess beggars not always better right ;)

1 minute ago, olletsocmit said:

OK guys so I ended up just picking up the 6 1/2 fuel circular saw they were willing to give me the 7 1/4" one for basically the same price as the 6 1/2"one... I can still do it tomorrow if I want but I think for my situation to 6 1/2 is more than perfect! The bigger one was quite a bit heavier and didn't balance as well as the smaller one either way it's a fuel circular saw. Please comment am I going to regret it?? So the 6 1/2 fuel circular saw was $200 and then they took 10% off for me. So I ended up 180 for it not sure if it's a great deal or not. For about $10 bucks more I could get the bigger one but I guess beggars not always better right ;)

awesome saw, I too felt the 7 1/4 was heavy and not much more cutting ability compared to the extra weight...

• Like 1