4 hours ago, Bremon said:

slightly off topic, but if Dewalt makes a blade left FlexVolt, is there a way to make a dust chute work without blowing dust all over the motor housing or do blade left typically just have a blower like my 6.5 Fuel?

This is Australia version of the circ saw but the way the dust port works is it vacuums the finer dust up and then when it's going through say treated lumber and it will let the clumps of wetter sawdust fall out instead of picking it up. It's the right idea I guess, since the vacuum picks up airborn dust but let's the clumps fall out so maybe the vacuum lasts longer between cleaning. But if I'm using a vacuum on a saw, I want it to get ALL the sawdust so there's no cleanup involved.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for no updates recently... I have been super busy and have not ordered the parts yet due to wanting to make 110% sure I make sure I have a list of all the correct parts. I would hate to miss a plug or screws and have to ship them across country again.

Took these a few days ago...
a0725eeadaf8bf6796248282134a77a0.jpg7c022a22c7a3d8049ff79d6747c86722.jpg77f188b6b8a2da553290f0aa313849b7.jpgd12702b0822a1162aa94ebca18eb6669.jpg59498c7962bfd9710275109f60c2b4d3.jpgf427cbffe744c03bdf02fae5f5a46036.jpge55ed10c32b4dc1821682ce109c8a48f.jpg02ee7f93d1d515e7af3b7414b03f5dc7.jpg5d90a4988531c2234a534052c2fead73.jpg2e4bef2ad3191ba60499342181edc57c.jpg

• Like 3

Update -- Due to a lot of financial Issues for my family right now and in the near future, I will not be able to afford completing this project for a long time.  I will be selling a few of my tools to try and pay for the parts.  I was thinking that if people were willing to donate $1 to get the to total needed, I could get the parts and do the review, after that I could do a give-away for the parts to a confirmed member.  also the $ could be donated to the website for webhosting or to the winners choosing to a charity.

Of course, this would all be verified and checked out first by the site admins before anything was done.  just a thought if I am not able to make enough $ after selling the tools.

That's rough news Olletsocmit, best wishes and regards to you and your family. How much are the parts? 

Thanks a lot man really means a lot very seldom now a day do people take the time to care about others. Things are going great and amazing for years and then all of a sudden one day boom there not. but I'm trying to stay positive because again things will get good!

I received two quotes one was for $53 and the other was $68

Tough times pass, and despite how troublesome they can be they do multiple things for us:

- help us appreciate the good times more when they're back again

- they can be learning experiences where we gain insight into ourselves and others

- teach us to be more prepared for them when they rear their heads again

how should we pool resources together for our conversion? PayPal? Email transfer to you?

• Like 1

On another note, I find it easy to care about people's wellbeing; especially on small forums like this one. We message the same people everyday more or less lol. We may not all be "friends" or even get along that great but we interact enough to be acquaintances. Hits close to home when someone you interact with regularly has hardships. Any of the crew having problems isn't that different to me than chatting with a neighbor who's having problems. In fact, I prefer a lot of you guys to some of my neighbors haha. 

• Like 2

I know this sounds crazy/bad but it's taken me at least 10 hrs + so far of international calls, tons of research, pulling apart my saw & matching to line items on CAD diagrams that were not in English, etc. I am currently about 95%+ positive I have all the parts needed, down to extra screws in case the thread pattern is different than ours in the US (which sounds crazy but there's a very very good chance that even the screws and the thread patterns will be different from other countries to our US saws, so I think I have worked that all out as well) as well as the conversion to US pattern threads as backups!

That was the whole point behind this project though... to put a quality tutorial together. That had side-by-side drawling's, specs, measurements, videos, etc. So others could do it & ultimately we could have a solid section on the site w/ sticky threads (broken down by the full conversion of each tool as I do them). This would make possible bulk ordering for Everyone on the site ...or an individual who just wants to do it on their own. The few guys I'm working w/ overseas like the idea of me having a correct list of all the parts needed so a PO can be submitted easy.

The whole reason it's taking so much time & is important is b/c i'm getting all the correct compatible parts so there's zero modification to any metal or plastic on the tool (important b/c none of this will void any warranties, it'll all be bolt on). Also there's a lot of little things you don't think about like the thread patterns, spacers, extra parts for the dust port, adapter so it fits US hose sizes, anglers, etc. remember the shipping from overseas so for five missed parts adds up to hundred some shipping and still might not be correct. Plus international calling is tricky due to the time differences and the cost. The other thing is that I found a few guys who are really helping me out with this over there and taking photos and scans from some of their books & measuring sizes of parts.

I was even thinking of having these parts shipped inside one of the Milwaukee black Dino cases ;)
  • Like 2

The reason I haven't spent a lot of time on this recently over the last few weeks and making all my international calls is because I've been spending 15 to 20 hours a day looking for work, posting resume's, looking for side jobs, etc. Since I have the next four days off and then one day at work and then three days off after that.... it looks like I will have some free time. the majority will be spent looking for work and helping family out, but I'm going to dedicate a couple hours maybe about 10 to finalize and 100% complete this project! I feel like a total dick and 100% completely embarrassed that I created this thread and spent all this time and now I can't even complete it, but I at least promise I will follow through and get an exact PO list ready with every part and every diagram.

--- if anybody else is interested in doing any other tool conversions please Posten let me know post pictures and the info of the tool I will work my friends and spend the time I have to continue this project for you

• Like 3

Nah Tim, don't feel that way, I know what priorities are, and sometimes you have to put things on the back burner for the time being. I see you're taking care of the things you need to, good luck on the job hunt! 

I'm curious to know what part of PA you're in?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

OK so I'm thinking I'm going to give this another go and order the parts. I've been trying to save about five dollars a week from each paycheck, all I can do with the financial issues in my life right now... i'm going to spend the next day or two looking over all my research and make sure I'm 100% sure I'm not missing anything. Is anyone else interested, that way we could try to get more than one kit at a time. To save on some shipping at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's been a while since I visited this thread. It's an interesting project. Sorry to hear of the hardship olletsocmit.  I hope things improve for you soon. One thing I was wondering that might be more cost effective over the long haul is to see about buying a nonfunctional tool from Europe and swapping the parts over. That way you'd also have a complete tool as a model in front of you and swap over part by part to see how things fit. You figure you could probably snag a dead tool somewhere for cheap.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JerryNY said:

It's been a while since I visited this thread. It's an interesting project. Sorry to hear of the hardship olletsocmit.  I hope things improve for you soon. One thing I was wondering that might be more cost effective over the long haul is to see about buying a nonfunctional tool from Europe and swapping the parts over. That way you'd also have a complete tool as a model in front of you and swap over part by part to see how things fit. You figure you could probably snag a dead tool somewhere for cheap.

I was watching the eBay sites for this but didn't come across one.... yet. Now that you say this I'm going to check again myself

I know everyone has been curious about the outcome of this project... I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the parts tonight or tomorrow morning depend on when the guy in Europe shoots me a call back. Based on all my international calls and research and measuring from my saw & the overseas ones, it looks like this will go off without a hitch. Were all about 99% positive.

After this review, I plan on doing a very very in-depth video & build review with everything laid out and specs. And then more important I'll start all over again with a new tool. I'd like to hear your guys thoughts on the next venture. what about the M18 Fuel 7 1/4 right blade circular saw? Or is there something else you guys looking for? I was hoping to have more money right now because this is a perfect time for me/us to get our hands on a black Milwaukee case that everyone's been talking about. Hopefully I'll have more money after I order parts for a different tool next time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I have both the m12 and the 7-1/4" fuel, looking to get dust ports for both.

Any chance you have info on those saws?

Ditto on the 7 1/4". I'm seriously looking at ebaying the overseas M12 though to save the headache.