On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:06 PM, JerryNY said:

Its probably not neccesarily that the tool would be approved or not but worries about a relatively litigious society here in the US and not wanting to leave themselves open to lawsuits with a more dangerous tool.

As to why Milwaukee doesn't offer the option for some of the dust collection stuff it could be trying to limit how many sku's they want to support but some decisions are just not knowable outside Milwaukee's HQ. Like I bet the older 8.5" m18 miter that's been out in Europe for a while probably would have been decently popular here but maybe not if it cost too much so who knows...

I'm curious about this as well. I contacted Milwaukee several times about the M18 8.5" miter saw and the M18 barrel grip jig saw (still not available here) well over a year ago and got no real response. I guess it's easy for me to say: "well just swap out the 8.5" blade for a 7.25"" but it may not be that easy. But the jig saw? Why not sell it here?

Just now, JimboS1ice said:

So if I were to do this for the 6 1/2" 2730, what would i need?

Honestly just the outer guard and dust chute, just like the 7-1/4" 

If you're serious, double check with parts diagrams from North American version vs Europe/Australia

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2017 at 10:02 PM, JimboS1ice said:

So if I were to do this for the 6 1/2" 2730, what would i need?

Hey Jimbo I looked carefully at the diagrams for the 6-1/2 and all you need is the outer guard, the dust port, and the screw to hold the dust port on. It's just like my 7-1/4"

So finally able to put this all together and running really well.
I had fun doing it, tinkering and all. But if i didn't already have the m12 for a great price, i would just import one from Europe with it already on it.

Here's the IG vids on the saw.

• Like 1

Hey Jimbo I looked carefully at the diagrams for the 6-1/2 and all you need is the outer guard, the dust port, and the screw to hold the dust port on. It's just like my 7-1/4"

So finally able to put this all together and running really well.
I had fun doing it, tinkering and all. But if i didn't already have the m12 for a great price, i would just import one from Europe with it already on it.

Here's the IG vids on the saw.

[/url] ..

Goood stuff dude! Thanks for looking into this [emoji1360][emoji1363]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
On 5/11/2017 at 9:28 PM, kbenoit1 said:

whatever happened with sourcing these parts? I am still extremely interested in this can you send me your contact so i can order them. Thanks.

Bit tricky and I got lucky with a bloke from Australia who was willing to help with this project. I don't know if you would be able to find a parts dealer overseas who would go to the trouble of shipping you the parts. I also don't want to have him going through the trouble of doing this again so I don't recommend asking him.

Your best bet is to buy the entire saw off eBay Europe or Australia. It makes it easier to obtain with it ready to go and no problems with parts not fitting or whatever.

The M12 saw was the tricky one because of the bearing issue, if I were to do this over again, I would import the saw and sell my NA one. I would do this with any of their saws, but especially the M12 

On 5/15/2017 at 10:00 PM, kbenoit1 said:

I have the 7 1/4 saw so according to the previous posts it should be a bolt on. Can you pm me the cost of the parts plus shipping so i can figure out if i want to pursue this or not. I already have the saw so sourcing a euro version isnt really a option.

Sorry, i can't disclose cost on this, it was from a good fellow in Australia i got in touch with as a little experiment. He runs a tool store and service center for the tools, but did me a solid favor in shipping them over to me, and I don't want to put him on the spot, so i'm not giving out his info, nor am I asking him to do this again, it was quite a bit of work on his part, solid guy!

Honestly, if you can't find a source, sell your current saw and buy the European version. Good luck!

• 3 years later...

Just in case anyone is interested in adding the EU parts to the 6.5-inch 2730-20 for the dust collection, I just did it. It was a little expensive, but it was simple and worked flawlessly. Here are the details:

Part numbers needed (which are from the EU version of the saw, M18CCS55-0):

HOUSING (1)    4931436101    --this is the metal upper guard cover
ADAPTER (1)    4931436111    --this is the 2-piece plastic dust port
SCREW (1)    660165011    --this is the screw for securing the dust port to the metal upper guard cover

I (mistakenly) did not order part# 660165011, but I found a screw that I had that did the job. I bought the other two parts (4931436101 and 4931436111) online from a store in the UK:

www.sparetoolparts.co.uk

All you have to do is search for the part numbers on their website. The two parts + shipping cost about $50 total and took about a month to arrive (it took several weeks for them to get the parts in stock from Milwaukee and then another 10 days or so for the shipment to get to me - I live in California).

There are 3 part numbers you don't need to order because you can just use the ones that are already on your saw:

4931436100 (name plate with Milwaukee logo - has some adhesive on it, but can easily be punched out of the old metal upper guard cover where plastic nubs are attached and then can easily be glued to the new metal upper guard cover)
4931435150 (3 screws that fasten metal upper guard cover to saw - they still work with new metal upper guard cover, as they just pass through it)
5131000000 (rubber plug - can be easily removed from the old metal upper guard cover and placed in the new one)

You could just buy a plastic dust port from a woodworking store, cut a matching hole in your existing metal upper guard cover, and epoxy the port onto the cover - and save a lot of money. I considered doing that. But all in all, I am happy with how it turned out. Hope someone finds this helpful.

• 1 year later...