Metabo Discounted at Lowe's

The.Handyman

The Lowe's listing online states the miter saw is the 6.2ah saw kit. However, the one that was in my store was the lesser 5.5ah kit. Just an FYI, the saw is made in China unlike the German made impulse dill. I am sure its still well made.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

My wife gave me the green light on the miter saw. Now my question is does anyone knows if home depot will give you cash back if you return something bought with a gift card? I have 50 bucks to the HD and thought it would be nice to be able to use that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, kruton said:

My wife gave me the green light on the miter saw. Now my question is does anyone knows if home depot will give you cash back if you return something bought with a gift card? I have 50 bucks to the HD and thought it would be nice to be able to use that.

If its a Gift Card, they could give you cash back yes if you ask but some home depots will not.

If it is a merch card then no, and I would advise against returning, they ask to see your DL and if you return stuff without a receipt or return to a merch card then you get a hit on your DL if you do it 3 times you'll need your receipt for any future exchanges (Yes even if its a merch card.)

Checked the Metabo 18v recip. saw in my cart on the Lowe's app and it said free shipping today. Placed my order with the current $15 off of $50 code and I was out the door for $98. Waiting on my package now.

I am comparing my new Metabo circular and recip. saws to my outgoing DeWalt 20v circular and recip. I am selling them to a friend with a few extra 20v drills.

• Like 1

Checked the Metabo 18v recip. saw in my cart on the Lowe's app and it said free shipping today. Placed my order with the current $15 off of $50 code and I was out the door for $98. Waiting on my package now.

I am comparing my new Metabo circular and recip. saws to my outgoing DeWalt 20v circular and recip. I am selling them to a friend with a few extra 20v drills.

What code did you use for the 15 off? I was going to go to the store, but if I can do free shipping and get 15 off I may order it today instead of waiting until Thursday.

6 hours ago, The.Handyman said:

Nice price!

I recently got the recip saw ($208 AUD). I haven't used any other 18V saw but the Metabo has been amazing so far. I really like the sound of it for some reason. It's hard to describe, but it's kind of like a turbine whistle sound.

I'd be very interested to hear your opinions on both, especially the circ saw. I can't find anything at all online about it and I'm thinking of getting one. A comparison to the Dewalts for both would be great to hear too.

• 1 year later...

I’m sorry you took it that way, I was trying to poke some lighthearted fun at those who live in big cities back east that think everybody west of Chicago are a bunch of inbred hicks without indoor plumbing. I certainly meant no disrespect towards native people.