So im from the USA but now live in New Zealand and we usually get tools and really everything at least 6 months after the rest of the world for some reason.  I have been looking for a framing nailer, Love the Dewalt one but I would really like to see Milwaukee come up with something to rival Dewalts chordless framing nailgun.  Does anyone know of they are going to be doing this in the near future? Or should I just go ahead and buy the Dewalt one.  I use both platforms but lean more towards Milwaukee in most cases.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't expect one released within the next 6 months, that's for sure. The Super Hawg, for instance, took a year after the Hole Hawg came out in the M18 line. I would imagine the same for a framing nailer. Plus, they get more time to put user feedback from the field to good use. I would just get the Dewalt. 

I bet Milwaukee will come out with one but who nows when if you really need one since you like the dewalt get the dewalt but if you can wait and would rather have a Milwaukee then I would wait 

They didn't showcase one at their show this year but wouldn't be surprised to see one down the pipe line, not sure when though, maybe they want to work any possible issue out with the current ones out prior to launching a framer, maybe even a roofing nailer too, how cool could that be!

Current M18 nailers have an actuator that builds up heat and cause them to go into thermal overload under moderate-heavy use.  I framing nailer will need a larger actuator which will build up more heat, and heavy use of a finish nailer would be extremely light use for a framing nailer, and don't even get started on roofing nailers.  This means a framing nailer will either require massive improvements on the current mechanism or a completely new firing mechanism, so it's unlikely a framing nailer is imminent.

• Like 2

Finish/Brad nailing and speed bump nailing aren't really synomous, except maybe in a factory setting but even then when is finish nailing randomly sinking as many nails as possible? I think for their intended use they are fine and it's great they can go all day on a small 2.0 pack. I know my Ryobi Brad, which I love, needs to have a large 4.0 pack on it or it doesn't seem to sink nails as rock solid consistently so that's a nice advantage to keep the weight down. The only time this design will be an issue is testing during reviews. I don't think in the thousands and thousands of nails I've put through my Ryobi nailer I've ever used bump fire, only tested it once when it first came out of the box. 

That being said the design will need to be overhauled for a frame nailers where bump firing is often used but even then when does someone shoot hundreds of nails nonstop ( closest I've seen is roofers)? I'd also rather see a nice pin nailer first. There is so much  Brad and framing nailer competition but I think Makita is the only one making a pin nailer right now?