Milwaukee fuel one key drill

pancing

Has anyone had, in their experience with their one-key or standard m18 fuel gen 2 drills a grinding problem when the drill slows down? It sounds like something is skipping on the inside with a really rough grinding sound coming from the chuck. It almost sounds like the Ebrake is skipping and is having trouble stopping the drill, usually only happens in 2nd gear.

Has anyone had, in their experience with their one-key or standard m18 fuel gen 2 drills a grinding problem when the drill slows down? It sounds like something is skipping on the inside with a really rough grinding sound coming from the chuck. It almost sounds like the Ebrake is skipping and is having trouble stopping the drill, usually only happens in 2nd gear.

Yeah I know what you mean, I always thought it was simply the sound the brushless drills make. I have all three versions, and figured it was part of the drills mechanics. I stopped thinking about it because they are performing great, so that was the end of that.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Yeah I know what you mean, I always thought it was simply the sound the brushless drills make. I have all three versions, and figured it was part of the drills mechanics. I stopped thinking about it because they are performing great, so that was the end of that.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Alright so it seems like they're just part of the drill mechanics, thanks, if anything happens the warranty will kick in i hope

Yeah, it seems common for them to have the sort of rattling in the guts that I'd previously only experienced with Dewalt's at work. My gen 2 sounds rougher than my gen 1 to be honest, but it performs. Sounds like a 70s GM after a disgruntled UAW worker dumped a pail of nuts and bolts in behind the door panel lol. 

My Brushless Milwaukee stuff grinds, squeals and clacks. They are very loud. Seems to be a side effect of the way they are designed and built.

My brushless Hilti stuff makes none of those sounds and is whisper quiet compared to Milwaukee.

Given that Milwaukee has been ramping up the pricing for the last two years, I hope the quality ramps up too. They are as expensive, if not more so than my Hilti stuff now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HiltiWpg said:

My Brushless Milwaukee stuff grinds, squeals and clacks. They are very loud. Seems to be a side effect of the way they are designed and built.

My brushless Hilti stuff makes none of those sounds and is whisper quiet compared to Milwaukee.

Given that Milwaukee has been ramping up the pricing for the last two years, I hope the quality ramps up too. They are as expensive, if not more so than my Hilti stuff now.

What stuff? Saws, impacts, etc? I have rotated through a dozen Fuel brushless tools and the only one that makes the clacking is my gen 2 2704 hammer drill. Gen one, impacts, saws, M12, etc. None of it has made those garbage noises. 

9 hours ago, Bremon said:

What stuff? Saws, impacts, etc? I have rotated through a dozen Fuel brushless tools and the only one that makes the clacking is my gen 2 2704 hammer drill. Gen one, impacts, saws, M12, etc. None of it has made those garbage noises. 

Yeah seems to be just the hammer drill, my gen 1 hammer drill did that till it broke in half.

They have 20 or so where i work sometimes and they all do the same thing mine does.

Everything else they have in circulation doesn't make any sort of rattle squeal or grinding sound except for maybe the grinder which I don't have :< but im not willing to shell out for a grinder bare tool when you can have a tool and 1 or 2 batteries and a charger for less than the price of a m18 fuel bare grinder... just no point.

Drill, impact and sawzall. The quietest is the rotary hammer, lol.

Lol, strange situation Wpg. My Fuel Sawzall is your average recip noise wise, and the impact is an impact. The hammer drill is the only one that makes weird noises, and if it was in a yellow housing, they would be normal noises :P

M18 Fuel, now complete with engine noises.

12 hours ago, Bremon said:

Price on the Fuel grinder here seems to be in line with the brushless Makita. 

You can get a 1 batt kit at toolbarn for 125 with code the cheapest ive seen the fuel grinder is just under 100 bare tool. Makita grinder bare is arounf 65 bare

Milwuakees prices are a bit outrageous imo but people shell out just like i do lol