M18 Fuel Miter finally up on HD site...

JerryNY

Just a heads up - HD updated the page to show it DOES INCLUDE TWO 9 Ah batteries! They mention it in the text and a photos showing the extra battery included. $599 with the quick charger and 2x9Ah make it one of the better bargains now in Milwaukee's product lineup and makes it far more competitive with the flexvolt. Two 9ers means you can go all day nonstop with this saw.

You figure the 9Ah kit with charger is $250 and another standalone 9Ah is $200. It's like getting the saw for $150 :P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JerryNY said:

Just a heads up - HD updated the page to show it DOES INCLUDE TWO 9 Ah batteries! They mention it in the text and a photos showing the extra battery included. $599 with the quick charger and 2x9Ah make it one of the better bargains now in Milwaukee's product lineup and makes it far more competitive with the flexvolt. Two 9ers means you can go all day nonstop with this saw.

You figure the 9Ah kit with charger is $250 and another standalone 9Ah is $200. It's like getting the saw for $150 :P

keep in mind all stand alone batteries have been quite expensive by themselves....

1 minute ago, Bremon said:

I don't know that we will see twin packs of 9.0 or even pricing on a 6.0 twin pack that will make them appealing compared to 5.0. 

eventually they will, the week the 12's come out....lol

Toolaholic mentioned the tracking being poor on beveled cuts because the head spring is so stiff. The actual deflection from the standard position seems middle of the pack according to toolpig, but is worse at the fence, because like the Bosch glider, the rail system is reversed. I've seen several other sources confirm this. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DR99 said:

That's the thing with Milwaukee they love to throw in something to make you want to buy it.

I think that's their pricing strategy. Price at the higher end of the mass produced tool market to give them a more premium presence and a healthy margin cushion which affords them the ability to do bundles or throw ins to sweeten the deal.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2016 at 3:29 PM, Bremon said:

Toolaholic mentioned the tracking being poor on beveled cuts because the head spring is so stiff. The actual deflection from the standard position seems middle of the pack according to toolpig, but is worse at the fence, because like the Bosch glider, the rail system is reversed. I've seen several other sources confirm this. 

Worksipaddict measured for deflection, I think just angled Though and not beveled and didn't see any deflection:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JerryNY said:

The saw is up on HD's site for preorder now. I had a 10% coupon for my HD CC so I got it for $540 and picked up a 60t diablo blade and the Milwaukee miter stand while I was at it. $540 with two 9amp batteries is pretty good in my book.

Nice, I think that second battery might sway someone on the fence

31 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Nice, I think that second battery might sway someone on the fence

Yeah, I already wanted to grab a rapid charger too so it seems like a good deal to get that and a couple of 9 Ah batteries. Kinda funny but those two battery's combined 18Ah of juice are more than all current M18 and M12 capacity combined ;)

I got the stand and a diablo 10" 60t finish blade delivered. The blade was packaged in a big box with tons of packing material that could have shipped 100 blades inside and the stand's box looks like it went through hell:

IMG_4533.JPG

That being said the stand is fine and built like a tank. I haven't seen too many actual in depth reviews of this stand even though it has been around a while. No aluminum anywhere and looks like all steel everywhere except the red end caps. The steel quick release attachements for the saw are really nice and clamp on tight with a single tab on each side. They even adjust so if the tabs loosen over time you can snug them up to give a secure fit to the rails. The rollers are nice and even have a little shelf below so you can rest lumber on them instead of the roller making them function as an end stop. It's pretty heavy and might not appeal to everyone but like I said it is built like a tank and very sturdy, 550 lbs. capacity, with one adjustable foot on one leg so you can quickly level it out on an uneven surface. The legs have beefy retention pins with big round red pulls so you can easily release the leg for deployment or take it down quickly. For me its just about perfect because I wanted a decently sturdy stand so I can quickly set it up in the garage most of the year to keep sawdust out of the house or use it in the basement in colder months. Now I just need the saw :P

IMG_4523.JPG

IMG_4512.JPG

IMG_4514.JPG

IMG_4529.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, glass said:

Just checked out the dewalt dhs790.... lets hope Milwaukee does better..... on the dewalt same hard head spring, crappy sticky slides and when I lowered the head all the way down the blade contacted the base of the saw.

I thought it was very similar to the highly regarded DWS780? That being said these cordless saws keep the batteries near the motors so the springs need to do more work than corded equivalents with the extra sprung weight. It might be worse for the Dewalt's spring though having to support two batteries.