Milwaukee surge

joemontague

1 hour ago, joemontague said:

It's on the home Depot  site but it says out of stock if you Google it it will come up I don't know how to put the link up

GREAT FIND! here's a link... http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-FUEL-SURGE-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Brushless-1-4-in-Hex-Hydraulic-Impact-Driver-Tool-Only-2760-20/300193508?keyword=Milwaukee+surge

12 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Yeah I saw that you mentioned it to kiefer haha. Very excited!

I did? You must be mistaken..... I think he just saw my post and mentioned me when he put his up, same with toolpig.

If you have an Instagram account, @joemontague , I would credit you.

I told Keifer I did get that info here so he knows 

Agree with @HiltiWpg. If I needed quiet I'd use my drill Driver same as I always use to. Best as I can tell this is halfway between a drill driver and an impact with the power of neither. Don't like the noise? Wear some hearing protection. Other people don't like it? They can deal with it. It's not like it's an air raid siren. I dunno maybe sheet metal guys would have a use, but I won't ever be buying one.

1 hour ago, StrippedScrew said:

Interesting Id love for impact drivers to become more quieter and yes I know you could use a drill driver but the functionality of an impact is great. 

Except at 450in-lbs, it's not as functional.

It's essentially turning an impact into a 1/4 drill driver, which already exists.

Most drivers are clutched giving them more control over torque than a 3 speed. 

Like me I said, I don't get it. If acoustics are an issue, there are solutions that seem just as viable.