2866 Fuel drywall screw gun

Bremon

Starting to see this pop up online to order. Bare tool is speedy: $200 CAD. $400 CAD gets you 2x 5.0 and a charger. Best value seems the CT kit. 2x 2.0 and a rapid charger (yes, compact gets a rapid charger and full size doesn't as per Milwaukee site). The drywall cutout tool is also more expensive than yellow or teal at $140 CAD bare. I'll skip that for the time being I believe but the CT kit is in my near future. 

As much as I'm a big fan of the Red I have to say I think that the yellow is the way to go plus you can get the collated Magazine attachment. I don't see the collated Magazine attachment for the Milwaukee. At HD you can pick up the DeWalt with 2 2.0 batteries a charger and the collated Magazine attachment for $298

2 minutes ago, regopit said:

As much as I'm a big fan of the Red I have to say I think that the yellow is the way to go plus you can get the collated Magazine attachment. I don't see the collated Magazine attachment for the Milwaukee. At HD you can pick up the DeWalt with 2 2.0 batteries a charger and the collated Magazine attachment for $298

Yeah fail on their part, why no collated attachment, that seemed like the logical next step

Drywall tools seem to be Dewalt, Makita and Hilti. At least around here.
I appreciate Milwaukee trying to fill out their lineup, but they seem to always leave some glaring holes. You would think that a screw feed should be launched with it.
It's like their storage, they have some great ideas, but no cohesion. Why would you sink a bunch of money into a platform that doesn't have the gaps filled in. I am sure they will release one. It's probably delayed or something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol. I don't know why it's an afterthought. Same reason their cut-out tool is more expensive than similar competitors, or their mitre saw dust collection being terrible, or their nailers double punching and leaving marks. Either inexperience in that area of tools, or hubris :P.

That Festool is the nicest drywall gun I've seen, but saying "even Festool has the attachment" is like saying "even Mercedes has AWD". It's a premium product; the details should be meticulous to justify the price. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bremon said:

That Festool is the nicest drywall gun I've seen, but saying "even Festool has the attachment" is like saying "even Mercedes has AWD". It's a premium product; the details should be meticulous to justify the price. 

Yeah like the people who put a track on their circular saw and a plunge base on their oscillating tool wouldn't put an autofeed attachment on their screw gun.  Who can afford a Festool screwgun but not autofeed strips.

I have to say it really pisses me off that Festool is the only one with the push-drive/auto-start and an autofeed attachment.  Seems like those things are made for each other.