So how bout that CPO

Jronman

I have have always had good service and fast shipping from CPO until I ordered my recent DeWalt Flexvolt kits. Just received a response to my email, now delay shipping until October 1st. They sent out a mass email stating 10% will be taken off my entire order. 2 Flexvolt kits plus 2 impacts for $772. DeWalt is really the blame here as they did not have a good production plan in place and they continue to market tools they can not produce.

• Like 1

Milwaukee usually fills internet retail channels first and some limited Home Depot stores till they ramp up production. Then they try to fill all brick and mortar stores with inventory. It seemed like Dewalt wanted to go hard and have every store carrying Flexvolt tools right away an that requires a ton of inventory.

• Like 1

My experience has been that CPO has always been a rock solid company to deal with after the purchase.  They've bent over backwards to make things right whenever I've had a problem with a purchase. Paying for shipping on heavy a$$ tools that are technically out of the free exchange period by several weeks and no questions asked exchanges to make things right. You can also occasionally find amazing promo combos when manufacturer and CPO sales align. 

That having been said, I'm not sure that their pre-sales organization is quite up to the same standards as their service arm. I've run afoul of out of stock and cancelled orders once or twice. While they  refunded my money, I've occasionally had a hard time pinning them down on items when the tools are back ordered. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wow, if that's the case, they have a real problem on their hands, as many people are simply going to cancel and go to Home Depot who has them all day long, and they say I can have any of the Flexvolt tools by October 31 with free shipping. Plus their stores are pretty much all stocked by now it sounds like. I would hate to be CPO right now, especially since Dewalt screwed them over and they can't do anything about it

• Like 1

Latest item I bought from CPO was the M18 spotlight, I wanted something that would shine the light of the sun deep into a crawlspace so I could see everything from the entrance, then the flood light feature to light up an area..anyway, I ordered it through their ebay store, which was cheaper than their website (by a dollar only) but also free shipping. Their website charges $6.99 for shipping for that. Go figure

3 hours ago, 2448jman said:

Well sorry about the bad news @HughJass but CPO is now saying "Pre-OrderShips on 1/15/2017" for flexvolt tools.

...yea, and people balked when I said they'd be lucky to ship by Christmas. I'm tempted to cancel my order and leave them hanging and keep my free tool for their insolence in handling the matter. It's the wrong thing to do I know, but they should be 9 feet up Dewalt's ass for fucking this up and costing them money and screwing everyone. 

If I'm CPO, I'd be sending everyone full refunds and begging them to take it to stop the bleeding. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, wildroamer said:

What?! Did they really? That's complete bullshit! I'm going to check my paypal right now to see if they did the same to me.

Edit: Well, no weird charges from them on my end. Just the original $379 charges for the two kits, plus the two refunds for $37. You better make a call/stink @Hugh Jass

Interesting, I was under the impression they'd leave a pending charge on my card and only bill me for the order once it had shipped. Instead they gave me the D right off the bat for the free tool and left the rest as simply unshipped merchandise. I'm guessing then at the point of delivery they'd then remove the price of my free tool from the cost of the flexvolt order. My guess is that if you pulled your order they're still going to bill you retail for the cost of the free tool and refund you the remainder. You actually got more screwed than I did bring out the total amount of the bill from day 1. 

Either way I'll never do that again. Could have had my damn grinder two months ago. 

For the record my order was in for a total of 10 weeks. The lady on the other end actually asked me why I was canceling my order. Really? Did you just ask me that for real? 

People...ugh. 

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Interesting, I was under the impression they'd leave a pending charge on my card and only bill me for the order once it had shipped. Instead they gave me the D right off the bat for the free tool and left the rest as simply unshipped merchandise. I'm guessing then at the point of delivery they'd then remove the price of my free tool from the cost of the flexvolt order. My guess is that if you pulled your order they're still going to bill you retail for the cost of the free tool and refund you the remainder. You actually got more screwed than I did bring out the total amount of the bill from day 1. 

Either way I'll never do that again. Could have had my damn grinder two months ago. 

For the record my order was in for a total of 10 weeks. The lady on the other end actually asked me why I was canceling my order. Really? Did you just ask me that for real? 

People...ugh. 

I hate loose ends, I'm old school so I like to flip out my broccoli rubber band and pay cash.......I don't want a charge on a credit card 2 and half months down the road for something I forgot all about......unless I can not buy something right in front of me I make sure they have it in stock before I hit the send money button.......

I remember when my son was a little younger he used ask me if he could charge $70 on the credit card at midnight the night he asked for a pre-order PC game, I'd ask when is it coming out? oh next Nov.....lol 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, comp56 said:

I hate loose ends, I'm old school so I like to flip out my broccoli rubber band and pay cash.......I don't want a charge on a credit card 2 and half months down the road for something I forgot all about......unless I can not buy something right in front of me I make sure they have it in stock before I hit the send money button.......

I remember when my son was a little younger he used ask me if he could charge $70 on the credit card at midnight the night he asked for a pre-order PC game, I'd ask when is it coming out? oh next Nov.....lol 

I was picturing a different outcome as soon as I hear "I hate loose ends..." coming from an Italian LOL!!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I was picturing a different outcome as soon as I hear "I hate loose ends..." coming from an Italian LOL!!!

ay......woodiagonnado I know a guy.....he's a friend of ours..........

• Like 2

On 10/31/2016 at 10:29 AM, SlingShotTools said:

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.  Please take a moment and visit my site, http://www.slingshottools.com/ and watch my homepage video.  We would welcome you to the SlingShot family.  Sign up and receive our newsletter and coupons.

Interesting, trying to drum up business? You have a store or just online? was waiting to see you introduce yourself over in that part of the forum! thanks

• Like 3

12 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Interesting, trying to drum up business? You have a store or just online? was waiting to see you introduce yourself over in that part of the forum! thanks

Hey if you guys see that again just shoot me a quick email! Great catch!

• Like 3