Mounting shelf/cabinet

rrich1

What type screws? Maybe lags right into the studs or is this just to keep it from tipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going on a wall. So more than just to keep it from tipping. I think I'll just pick up some lags tomorrow. Going to hit up Lowes to look at tubs anyways.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Going on a wall. So more than just to keep it from tipping. I think I'll just pick up some lags tomorrow. Going to hit up Lowes to look at tubs anyways.

Ok, sorry for the cryptic talk lol I was thinking as I typed, so it's not standing in the floor going to be wall mounted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, sorry for the cryptic talk lol I was thinking as I typed, so it's not standing in the floor going to be wall mounted?

Yes. I don't have any floor space available. I tried to keep it somewhat on the smaller side for that reason but now am rethinking if I should or not.

Yes. I don't have any floor space available. I tried to keep it somewhat on the smaller side for that reason but now am rethinking if I should or not.

As long as you use some nice lags right into the stud you should be good, I'd use a washer too

Available are cabinet mounting screws.  They usually are a #8 or #10 and have a large washer head on them.  They are designed specifically for mounting cabinets.  Definitely screw into the studs.  Drywall isnt anywhere near strong enough to hold the weight.

• Like 1

Another option is to use use structural wood screws They are stronger than traditional lag screws and they also come in a shiny black oxide coating with the advantage of a flat head surface. You can get them in various lengths as well. So it's nice option to use when the screw head may be exposed.

http://www.lowes.com/pd/FastenMaster-50-Count-4-1-2-in-Structural-Wood-Screws/3446730

• Like 2