New Shop Underway....Part Deuce!

ChrisK

I'm not sure if having a newborn beautiful son is quite interference in shop building so this is not meant as a complaint! I finally got the clamps up!!!! I think Sam Adams and some Chinese food is calling :)45aeb1fda05054ecdb9c9b310d3212d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

I'm not sure if having a newborn beautiful son is quite interference in shop building so this is not meant as a complaint! I finally got the clamps up!!!! I think Sam Adams and some Chinese food is calling :)45aeb1fda05054ecdb9c9b310d3212d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All lined up and looking Purdy !!!!!

you better get this shop ready, so your new "apprentice" can help dad build memories and wooden greatness !!!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Yeah Buddy, I see him thinking about going down there already :)

Rich, yup, the black ones are the Jets, I broke a darn handle! I have to get a warranty recall now but thank God for lifetime warranties :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, comp56 said:

my ADD just kicked in can you not make sure all the ends line up on the bar? instead of random like they are.........looks good Chris looks good.....

Why thank you sir :)

i have to leave them all askew or my ADHD kicks in too!!

On 2/25/2017 at 9:08 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

I'm just lurking here enjoying the progress....??

Hey Not Carl! I'm enjoying the process, I wish it was a little quicker but meh....this weekend I am hitting Woodcraft with a $100 gift card and the CT26 dust extractor on my short list. I have to get some tables built for my Shopfox mortiser, my planer and get that darn outfeed table done. Then.....I'm thinking about putting Chris Schwarz Workbench book to good use :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Hey Not Carl! I'm enjoying the process, I wish it was a little quicker but meh....this weekend I am hitting Woodcraft with a $100 gift card and the CT26 dust extractor on my short list. I have to get some tables built for my Shopfox mortiser, my planer and get that darn outfeed table done. Then.....I'm thinking about putting Chris Schwarz Workbench book to good use :)

What gives, there wasn't supposed to be question marks after my comment about enjoying the progress, I promise I didn't put them there or didn't mean to at least.... I blame the forum swap ha. That makes it look like I am being impatient about any lack of progress not what I meant!

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

What gives, there wasn't supposed to be question marks after my comment about enjoying the progress, I promise I didn't put them there or didn't mean to at least.... I blame the forum swap ha. That makes it look like I am being impatient about any lack of progress not what I meant!

No Not Carl.......you can NEVER look impatient to me....sweet cheeks ;)

• Like 2

On 3/1/2017 at 7:29 AM, ChrisK said:

nice what you thinking on building for a workbench? Any unique features?

55 minutes ago, Jronman said:

nice what you thinking on building for a workbench? Any unique features?

I'm not entirely sure. Part of me wants to go with the Roubo style but I really like the English style with the aprons. I also like the Dutch styling too. All great for hand tool use.

3 hours ago, ChrisK said:

I'm not entirely sure. Part of me wants to go with the Roubo style but I really like the English style with the aprons. I also like the Dutch styling too. All great for hand tool use.

nice. Ever thought about designing you own. The ChrisK Workbench

2 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Haha oh it'll be my

own version of one of these but I really want to put a tail vise and shoulder vise on it

I got an idea for it. Make some sliding trays on the ends for storing your most used systainers. I think they call them sys ports. Could be useful for quick access to common tools or accessory storage.

• Like 1

Guess what future woodworker got to go to Woodcraft yesterday....

Thats right! Oh yeah! And he helped daddy pick out a brand spanking new CT26 dust collector and a big pile of new Festool sanding pads and papers for free  courtesy of my boyz at Woodcraft (not the CT.....that would have been awesome!!!!)

Also found out there's a Festool roadshow at the Newington NH Woodcraft on April 1st at 0800 with free lunch! Hope some crew are in the area!

20170304_161611.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Very cool Chris! Is that a festool stroller too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha! No that's the friggin Cadillac of three wheel strollers. It's got hand brakes! It's got tuneable suspension! 

1 hour ago, Foneguy said:

I do see some green on the cover ????

Welllllllll...I'm not saying that was a deciding factor....buuuuuuuut....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Haha awesome! Family photoshoot at Woodcraft, that's when you know you might have an addiction ?

Yeah.....the path to help is through admission....

• Like 2