New Shop Underway....Part Deuce!

ChrisK

So a little update for today, pics to follow. 

I finished wiring in the lights and now it's a beacon of hope for all men(or hot lingerie models....Kate Upton you vixen O0, who are absent of a manly shop in their lives). I added one last wall in the shop. This is a six foot wall I just hung after ripping apart a huge 10' long storage shelving unit the guy we bought our home from (pathetic). Shop is getting bigger, brighter and more power :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

So a little update for today, pics to follow. 

I finished wiring in the lights and now it's a beacon of hope for all men(or hot lingerie models....Kate Upton you vixen O0, who are absent of a manly shop in their lives). I added one last wall in the shop. This is a six foot wall I just hung after ripping apart a huge 10' long storage shelving unit the guy we bought our home from (pathetic). Shop is getting bigger, brighter and more power :)

Lingerie models & More power 

how can you go wrong !!

??????

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got off duty today and my Wife told me I could go down to the shop while she took great care of our now 24" long, 14lb 9oz son! 

Today saw an actual project (though basic to say the least). My shop is still in progress and in order for me to build and design, I have to build. I got to use my new CT26 dust collector, my TS55REQ, my T18 and CXS. 

The project, which is already mostly done, my Wife had to take care of the horses so I got some me and Son time (he had a round of shots so isn't too happy right now) so I did not get to finish today. Ends up the complete carcass is done, is a charger and cordless tool station. 36" overall length with a height of 16". I'm not so sure I will add doors, this is something that might not be useful.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Foneguy said:

set up to make projects / make projects to set up.......  the age old conundrum !!!

DUDE !! Up and running.... get it man !!! Get it !!!

Looks great so far ??

Thanks Buddy. It's getting all real down in he-yah!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Sometimes you sound like a real New Englander and other times you sound like a normal person ?

Seriously though, looks like your making good progress and more importantly, having a great time doing it.

Normal?!?!?!?!?! Dude! New England IS normal!!!!!!!

Thanks Travis, this is a lot of fun let me tell ya! I'm home with my Son again because Grandma is sick so I had to burn two days in a row. The part that sucks is I can't go down while I'm home because I'm too neurotic that I won't hear the little squirt! 

Ill just hop in the cah and get some chowdah for lunch though ;)

• Like 1

On 3/5/2017 at 8:31 AM, ChrisK said:

Guess what future woodworker got to go to Woodcraft yesterday....

Thats right! Oh yeah! And he helped daddy pick out a brand spanking new CT26 dust collector and a big pile of new Festool sanding pads and papers for free  courtesy of my boyz at Woodcraft (not the CT.....that would have been awesome!!!!)

Also found out there's a Festool roadshow at the Newington NH Woodcraft on April 1st at 0800 with free lunch! Hope some crew are in the area!

20170304_161611.jpg

Your son has good taste in tools at such a young age!!!

He is going to grow up to be a really good woodworker!!

• Like 1

In typical Chris fashion, I like to fly by the seat of pants. I started this as a utility cabinet. Then figured, a quick and easy no frills plane cabinet. My shop is a disaster right now, still and cannot get chargers and batteries organized so it changed to a charger unit. Then today, while in the office (yukka yukka yukka) it hit me that my small clamps don't have a home so lo and behold...a battery charging shelf unit with small clamp storage! Voila! Anyways, it ain't done yet, I have to figure out a wall mount and add some finish. I was thinking French cleat but that means cleaning off my table saw which is currently storing my chargers, batteries, small clamps etc. so I'm thinking a couple of 1x supports screwed to the studs. Also of note, I chamfered all of the edges of the wood with a black plane which shows as having spaces on the butt joints. They are actually completely in contact. I wasn't sure where I was going with this when I started planing and truthfully when I start to plane I just go go go... Man I hate being this disorganized but for a cheap storage rack it's actually coming out alright.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2017 at 9:13 AM, LarryS said:

Your son has good taste in tools at such a young age!!!

He is going to grow up to be a really good woodworker!!

Thanks Larry!

1 hour ago, Bigmikez said:

THE shop is coming along great bro?? Looks awesome!!

Thanks Mike!

• Like 2

On 3/23/2017 at 8:37 PM, ChrisK said:

In typical Chris fashion, I like to fly by the seat of pants. I started this as a utility cabinet. Then figured, a quick and easy no frills plane cabinet. My shop is a disaster right now, still and cannot get chargers and batteries organized so it changed to a charger unit. Then today, while in the office (yukka yukka yukka) it hit me that my small clamps don't have a home so lo and behold...a battery charging shelf unit with small clamp storage! Voila! Anyways, it ain't done yet, I have to figure out a wall mount and add some finish. I was thinking French cleat but that means cleaning off my table saw which is currently storing my chargers, batteries, small clamps etc. so I'm thinking a couple of 1x supports screwed to the studs. Also of note, I chamfered all of the edges of the wood with a black plane which shows as having spaces on the butt joints. They are actually completely in contact. I wasn't sure where I was going with this when I started planing and truthfully when I start to plane I just go go go... Man I hate being this disorganized but for a cheap storage rack it's actually coming out alright.

maybe the 1x could be temporary just so you can get the table saw cleaned off then french cleats as a permanent solution? or move stuff from table saw to floor real quick to make the cuts for the cleats?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

That's what I was thinking on the 1x @Jronman as far as the sawstop....meh. I'm being lazy!

Announcer says, "Do you need a fake workbench specifically for putting stuff on top? Well do we have to product for you..." 5 minutes later of explanation... "and it can be yours for only 4 payments of $19.99. Call 1-800-fakeworkbench to order your very own Fake Workbench today."

announcer begins speaking in super fast voice,"We reccomend you do not use this as an actual work bench. We are not liable for any injury cause by improper use of this workbench. fake vise not included."

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jronman said:

Announcer says, "Do you need a fake workbench specifically for putting stuff on top? Well do we have to product for you..." 5 minutes later of explanation... "and it can be yours for only 4 payments of $19.99. Call 1-800-fakeworkbench to order your very own Fake Workbench today."

announcer begins speaking in super fast voice,"We reccomend you do not use this as an actual work bench. We are not liable for any injury cause by improper use of this workbench. fake vise not included."

Yeah. I just cleared my sawstop off and made the darn French cleat.

• Like 1

Just now, ChrisK said:

Yeah. I just cleared my sawstop off and made the darn French cleat.

Announcer says, "if you buy now we will even thrown in a sawstop table saw absolutely free." "Table saw is not a genuine SawStop Table saw. Saw is a cheap knockoff that is fake but includes SawStop branding. We recommend that the saw not be used."