New Shop Underway....Part Deuce!

ChrisK

Looks like you have a good start Chris.

Looks like you are going to have a cool place to work and play. Nice.

Chris, congrats! I cannot wait to see this shop all set up.. after scrolling through the thread and the pictures it is safe to say I could have a ton of fun in here. such a great collection you have. can you give us some insight to what tools are next on the list, or perhaps what projects you have in mind?

Cheers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mike_dave said:

Chris, congrats! I cannot wait to see this shop all set up.. after scrolling through the thread and the pictures it is safe to say I could have a ton of fun in here. such a great collection you have. can you give us some insight to what tools are next on the list, or perhaps what projects you have in mind?

Cheers

Thanks sir! 

So...in the photos I have added several new tools to my shop that were not in my original thread. Pictured here, yet still in boxes are the Shop Fox 1-3/4hp bench top mortiser (on par power wise with the Powermatic but seriously....it ain't a Powermatic) and a SuperMax 1.5hp Dust Collector.

https://www.amazon.com/Shop-Fox-W1671-Heavy-duty-Mortising/dp/B000J0UTL6

http://www.supermaxtools.com/products/dust-collection/1-12-hp-dust-collector/

These tools and many more planes and other cool things are still in their boxes waiting to be put to good work and well cared for. 

Not pictured is my Sawstop CNS175TGP36 table saw. That is on the other side of the stairs. I have had great intentions to take this part of my FMLA 

leave and get hot to work in the shop but my beautiful son is occupying all of my free time but God willing maybe tomorrow or Thursday will see me framing the shop. The outlets are all set to be run. I have a Tekton air hose reel to install in the ceiling alongside some new lighting and perhaps a pull extension cord.

Next up for tools? I'm not sure. I'd like another Festool dust collector, perhaps the CT36, I would love the DF700 to go with my DF500 but now that I write this, a dedicated router station with a decent lift would be a nice addition to my shop. I would also like to upgrade my awesome Dewalt planer and maybe add a stationary belt sander (Supermax).

Like my last blog on my basement shop....

I hope to keep this one current with updated photos but with Will popping out two months early and spending a month in the NICU with him and my wife, everything else has kind of faded to the back. But Will, my wife and I are home, Christmas is going to be the best I have EVER had and this shop is going full speed ahead! I have many projects to get hopping on and much to learn and expand upon. Including the building of a shed in my back yard and a pole barn for my wife, Samantha, horse...Winters Blizzard. Oh yeah and a quarter acre of timbering.

Also new to me is my new IPhone 7+ 256gb and an awesome 

http://www.cyclopsgear.com/cyclops-gear-cgx2-4k-wi-fi-action-camera/71/

camera I got when I purchased my 2016 CanAm Outlander Max XT, I hope to learn how to shoot videos and start updating my YouTube channel in a somewhat more professional manner and add some useful videos as opposed to stupid unboxing videos with no real useful content.

I can tell you that the shop will begin as follows....

Framing. I already possess most of the framing timber needed and sheet goods will be forthcoming.

Power. To quote Jermey Clarkson from the (at the time) only good television(currently he is doing the new show with Amazon...Top Gear...."More Powwwwwwerrrrrrr!!!!) I already have the outlets and cable to run power, my shop has been updated with a new 200 amp panel that I am wiring the circuits from. 

Work Tables. I got rid of my work tables when I moved. I didn't have room to move and store them so they went away. Like the Cookoo bird.

Moxon Vise. I posses the hard woods and hardware necessary.

Bench.  A Roubo or a French designed (God help me.....) work bench.

Its quite the process to say the least!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Awesome. Your excitement is contagious. I wish I had decent heat at the inlaws where we have a shop set up. That's why i haven't been in there for awhile.

But yes, I imagine this Christmas will be the best you've ever had....

Thanks a lot bro! Absolutely incredible we are home. 

• Like 1

Chris, I'm genuinely thrilled everything is working out so great for you. "From the ashes shall rise a Phoenix" man. Good things happen to good people and you're certainly good people. 

Can't wait to see how your shop progresses! 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2016 at 10:15 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

Awesome. Your excitement is contagious. I wish I had decent heat at the inlaws where we have a shop set up. That's why i haven't been in there for awhile.

But yes, I imagine this Christmas will be the best you've ever had....

+1 to that. Trying to finish up Christmas presents in the garage when it was -10 out the other day was miserable. Had me begging my wife to let me build a shop in the basement lol. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Chris, I'm genuinely thrilled everything is working out so great for you. "From the ashes shall rise a Phoenix" man. Good things happen to good people and you're certainly good people. 

Can't wait to see how your shop progresses! 

Thanks a lot Travis. I appreciate that sir!

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, rrich1 said:

so...many...systainers...

looking good Chris. you need a clamp rack :P

Yeah, I had three in my last shop. I've got over 20 parallel clamps from Bessel and Jet plus a bunch of Dewalt XL clamps and then a bunch of smaller F clamps. I should've brought them with me from the last shop but all of my work benches and racks stayed. Time was an issue and so was space. Those pods I rented couldn't hold all of our stuff so my brother and my friend Guy got a lot of mobile stations and benches.

• Like 1