New Shop Underway....Part Deuce!

ChrisK

19 minutes ago, mike_dave said:

Hey Chris just curious.. Did you by any chance put a moisture barrier below your bottom plate? 

Actually no. I didn't build the house but it is designed with a drainage syste, beneath the foundation that feeds out into the woods behind my house facing downslope. It's really dry down there too. The family we bought our home from had some really expensive musical instruments and some furniture down there. They had throw not an area rug down and had a small den in place. Eventually, I will have a shop in an outbuilding and the framing I do will eventually continue and insulation will be added and the particle board walls will be replaced with sheet rock.

• 2 weeks later...

I would be surprised if the 700 ever makes it to my shop.  I just dont think I have enough use for it. The quick release tenons you can buy would be super cool though. Wish they could do that with 500 size tenons but as far as I know they cant.

On 1/25/2017 at 10:50 AM, Jronman said:

@ChrisK even has a festool level. Do you got a systainer for your level?

Oh wow the makita box connects to systainers.

Ha, no, no systainer for the level. It's a rebranded Stabilla lighted level as a limited edition Festool. I was at a local hardware store two years ago and they had the level leaned up against an old rack in the back of their Festool display. Awesome level too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nordraw said:

Free when you buy the tools, That's funny Chris. 

Thanks Nordraw ;)

I ended up getting my sawstop assembled, tuned and calibrated and added the Incra fence. Tuning that friggin thing was a PITA. I also sheathed one 4' section of wall but slow going. 

48 minutes ago, SetBuilder said:

When I bought my Jet table saw I did not have a truck at the time. I paid one of the dealers employees to deliver the saw and set it up, so glad I did.

Oh I've got a truck :)

We sold our home this summer and bought a new home, a town up, moving in at the very end of September. We were here for a month and half with my tools in storage. Then my son was born and we spent a month at the hospital. My sawstop spent quite a while (from July actually) disassembled and covered in tools and dust after I moved it from my last shop. This girl needed to be built from the table on up and recalibrated. I don't mind though, it's like seeing an old friend come back and taking the time to re calibrate everything makes me quite happy!

• Like 1

Annnnnnnd.....just ignore the small gap by the switch..... ;)f1e1c901ec18e49d45b6839d548bc3d4.jpg

That is one side completed. I won't be "walling in" the whole basement. Just sections for the shop. Eventually the shop will be in an out building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be trimming that wall and painting at some point but I'm still laying out this thing!!

• Like 3

Annnnnnnd.....just ignore the small gap by the switch..... [emoji6]f1e1c901ec18e49d45b6839d548bc3d4.jpg

That is one side completed. I won't be "walling in" the whole basement. Just sections for the shop. Eventually the shop will be in an out building.

I will be trimming that wall and painting at some point but I'm still laying out this thing!!

What gap? [emoji16]

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, rrmccabe said:

Paint?  Wipe on poly. Looks like a million dollar wood shop!

I actually though about that. Problem will be the screws securing the panels. Can go with putty over them. Not sure I want to cover the screws with putty because eventually the walls will come down when the shop gets moved out and I build a family room down there. Any ideas?

1 minute ago, ChrisK said:

I actually though about that. Problem will be the screws securing the panels. Can go with putty over them. Not sure I want to cover the screws with putty because eventually the walls will come down when the shop gets moved out and I build a family room down there. Any ideas?

Fastcap power head screws and flush cutting bit. Cover with Fast Cap wood adhesive caps which are real wood and finish as well.

You can see bit and screws here.

http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=15&idcategory=0

• Like 2