New Shop Underway....Part Deuce!

ChrisK

37 minutes ago, Foneguy said:

Fancy saws ... Drinking their fancy coffee !!!???

Looks like your son went the full :08 seconds .... wore you out !!!!!!!!!

FANTASTIC !!! ?????

Hahahahaha amen bro! It took me three days for the saw! Mostly refinishing the top. The move and storage was hell on it and I had some light rust developing on the iron and well as some heavy scratches. Could not get all the scratches out but Balistol, steel wool and mineral spirits, T9 Boeshield then a nice buff with Renaissance wax! I spend less time waxing my cars!!!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Hahahahaha amen bro! It took me three days for the saw! Mostly refinishing the top. The move and storage was hell on it and I had some light rust developing on the iron and well as some heavy scratches. Could not get all the scratches out but Balistol, steel wool and mineral spirits, T9 Boeshield then a nice buff with Renaissance wax! I spend less time waxing my cars!!!

I really wanted a granite top on my table saw but just could not live without magswitch stuff !

So I am constantly fighting rust.  Frustrating.

• Like 1

I am curious of just how corrosive cappuccino really is ? I bet it's off the chart once you add the scones !!!!!

Kidding dude !!! That shop is really coming together !! You and your son are really gonna enjoy it !!????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foneguy said:

I am curious of just how corrosive cappuccino really is ? I bet it's off the chart once you add the scones !!!!!

Kidding dude !!! That shop is really coming together !! You and your son are really gonna enjoy it !!????

Ha! Just ask my Doctor. It's hell on my poor little tummy :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rrmccabe said:

Do you use your ceiling air cleaner much?  I need to use mine more but dont like listening to it.

I know it works because my filter is filthy. LOL

Yeah Rich, I used it all the time in my last shop. I just got some new filters. I ended up getting the three speed Grizzly and it's amazing how much that thing takes in.

I need to force myself to use it more. Because that's the bad stuff you need to get out of the air.  I bought the powermatic but would not recommend it over a Jet or grizzly to anyone. The remote is nice but the main unit is not Powermatic table saw quality.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rrmccabe said:

I need to force myself to use it more. Because that's the bad stuff you need to get out of the air.  I bought the powermatic but would not recommend it over a Jet or grizzly to anyone. The remote is nice but the main unit is not Powermatic table saw quality.

Yeah I haven't heard of any really highly rated ones but that remote is sweet plus the fan is actually pretty nice in the shop

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee_man_stan said:

Nice job chris, that dust collector looks amazing, I might need to get me one for my shop.

Thanks bro. Super max just came out with this one and a smaller one plus some air cleaners to add to their line up of wood working tools. I tried this out last night, it's loud, not terribly loud, way less than my Ridgid shop vac but it's amazing how much volume this thing has.

• Like 1

On my list of things to do is a totally piped up system with HEPA filter.  Just such a big project running duct and dodging a dozen 8' light fixtures. So keep putting it off.

Bags that size will be nice for basement.  Would suck to deal with a 35 gallon container!

So are you going to move it around between tools or have plans to run piping?

1 minute ago, rrmccabe said:

On my list of things to do is a totally piped up system with HEPA filter.  Just such a big project running duct and dodging a dozen 8' light fixtures. So keep putting it off.

Bags that size will be nice for basement.  Would suck to deal with a 35 gallon container!

So are you going to move it around between tools or have plans to run piping?

Actually Rich, I don't really know. I've never had a dedicated D.C. unit like this before. I have one 10' section of Jose already but was thinking if I run a ceiling extension cord I could move it about. I think eventually the shop may move so ridgid ducting is out of the question for me right now. What do you do?

Well if I dont duct it, I wont use it.

One thing I have learned about myself is if everything is not setup and easy to use, I dont use it. Its a fault so I am learning to put the effort in up front to get a shop the way I need it.

I have said this many times before... I will gnaw through a board with a pair of pliers before I will get get a miter saw off the shelf and set it up and plug it in.

I have also learned if I dont visibly display tools I eventually forget I have them. So I either end of with 3 of the same tool (after buying two more) or I do a project and then remember I actually have a widget made for doing that.

Since you have a dust extractor it wont be as bad for you to move around depending on your layout. The CT will take care of miter saw, sanders, domino, etc. I dont even like to swap hoses on the CT which is why I built the diverter/blast gate yesterday.

Good chance you have more patience than I do.

• Like 2

Well, Will has been a little unwell this weekend and I was beat and didn't feel like pulling cars out of ditches and risking getting on the road so I took today off. Got some work done in the shop...9a559a292a2f4fe8de6caf5b86ec4b34.jpga62fe7d2859bf3b6773aa4963a560321.jpg81235c6be3b5479e1815a2babe66dd63.jpgd132f1e9bdf232b474414327e5aa3e0b.jpgff695eaad0d002e866ca6fd0435aa991.jpg0d4625f9b64903bdf3357e434d00a9c7.jpg

I worked several tools today...
Makita brushless barrel grip
Makita XDT15
Dewalt DCF887
Dewalt DCN692
Sawstop CNS175TGP36
Festool MFT/3
Festool Kapex
Festool TS55REQ

I have to say, nothing beats the DCF887 for pure power. That Makita XDT impact gun is friggin awesome for fine to medium work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

@ChrisK what are the plywood pieces you made used for?

Those are the horizontal supports sandwiching a 2x4 for the new lumber rack. Super sturdy racks that way! The racks almost act as if they are mortised to fit onto the 2d4 upright then screwed in place.

I'm always looking around this forum for things I didn't know of...happened upon this and to my surprise....one bad ass future shop...high quality tools and I see know why your title says ..festool....best of luck ,, nothing like working with wood,best feeling ever creating things ...didn't know you were a talented guy,,,I'm very impressed 

• Like 1