New Shop Underway....Part Deuce!

ChrisK

So, made a little head way while sheltering in place for this massive (yeah right) snow storm. Ended up getting about 8"!!!! Ha! Ice and cold so the snow was super light! Just prior to the snow fly NH I hit Lowes and HD and got a couple of sets of casters, some SPAX and some plywood and a couple of 2x4s. All in all the lumber wall is almost done, I have to add a Port a Mate lumber rack but here is the latest....this is an modified version of Marc Spagnoulos lumber rack. I did not have plans but I watched his video of his and it looked quite simple to do, I modified mine to save space and more importantly, money!

dae4370b6c4a2a84fe30245fd7fcf1f6.jpg404f029abcef2e6755b305281c8705a5.jpg285c0e16e5277209176af9174eac9358.jpg334ba504d747074d12b4c11d6e8a12d2.jpge708d2171c13b750a2aca284ebe3d33d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also....overall 60" long by roughly 15" deep. The back section as 2 pine stick uprights to help the 18" high plywood walls keep full and partial sheets of plywood firmly in place. Swings out nice and wide with the help of a couple of 2" casters. Not sure about the hinge attachment. It works just fine but it looks like I might need to re approach that and marry another stick to the vertical stud to make things even more solid.

• Like 2

I'm always looking around this forum for things I didn't know of...happened upon this and to my surprise....one bad ass future shop...high quality tools and I see know why your title says ..festool....best of luck ,, nothing like working with wood,best feeling ever creating things ...didn't know you were a talented guy,,,I'm very impressed 

Why thank you sir!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Today saw another wall get skinned, the port a mate lumber rack go up, all of my lumber and sheet goods get put away and a home made pizza is waiting to get assembled in a most fastidious fashion. However home made pizza dough can wait while Samuel Adams takes me away...takes me away...takes me.....3ef3c1b0828a3a790af6d28754ef0bd5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Absolutely love homemade pizza, i'll make it rather than buy it.... 

Hey i must have liked a post you made haha

Ummm wasn't this thread about your shop? :D 

I have two portamate lumber racks, I got them when Lowes had them on sale wouldn't be surprised if someone here told me about them, just can't remember for sure ha so thanks whoever that was! They are nice simple racks, too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Absolutely love homemade pizza, i'll make it rather than buy it.... 

Hey i must have liked a post you made haha

Ummm wasn't this thread about your shop? :D 

I have two portamate lumber racks, I got them when Lowes had them on sale wouldn't be surprised if someone here told me about them, just can't remember for sure ha so thanks whoever that was! They are nice simple racks, too

Oh yeah Not Carl! All about the shop! When we sold our last home, I was in a rush so one of my port a mates stayed behind but with the super lumber rack I built into the joists and this one off to the side plus the lumber cart all of my wood is off the deck and I finally had room to actually walk around. I'll take some pics tomorrow after we get back from my accountants office and get our taxes done. I've got to finish skinning one wall and then hang my two Gladiator cabinets on that wall and run more line for outlets, ha g one more shop light and then get the Tekton air compressor reel hung. I also got to use my new Supermax dust collector real quick. Ssssweeeeeeeeeeeeeet..... :)

• Like 1

Made some headway to, all of the walls are now skinned, I hung the two Gladiator cabinets and started some light organization. Next? I have to demo a huge cabinet made by the former home owner and this will give me three feet of depth where my Sawstop is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, rrmccabe said:

Looks great.  You have some seriously long FastCap rails!

I actually just purchased some permanent mounts for those so I can build an actual station with permanent wings and still use the wings. Problem is I bought them through Rockler and it looks like they messed the order up so I am still waiting.