Cordless 254mm 10" double battery brushless mitre

marsh942

On 3/13/2017 at 10:30 PM, Jronman said:

oh nice. how did they get around different voltages between countries? Just gotta use correct charger I guess?

The chargers can interchange when charging batteries, IE Rigid can charge in a AEG charger and vice versa.

Its just that AEG Australia has australian voltages, and Rigid has american voltages they arent 110v-240v

they're built to the market respectively, so if you want to use a rigid charger in australia you have to use a transformer to make their outlets into american voltages. Thats what I did when I went there.

1 hour ago, marsh942 said:

You guys have one for testing yeah? So far what are your thoughts? Unless it's gonna be a spoiler for the upcoming review haha

Mike has it, I haven't played with it yet. But it should be uploaded in a couple of weeks :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just got this saw and it's fantastic!  The mechanism is so smooth and capacity is pretty decent too.  I've been running it off a pair of 4.0ah batteries but I've got 2x6.0ah batteries on the way.

I've played with the Milwaukee FUEL mitre saw and I must say the AEG beats it.  Maybe a bit controversial but the Milwaukee sometimes feels like it struggles and the rail system they use does allow lateral twisting whereas the AEG is solid.

The one thing I wish AEG would add is the LED shadow line system instead of the laser as the laser will get knocked around while the saw is in my van.  I've got a job for the saw tomorrow so will post some photos and video of it in action.

Martin

IMG_7331.JPG

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rammstein2609 said:

Just got this saw and it's fantastic!  The mechanism is so smooth and capacity is pretty decent too.  I've been running it off a pair of 4.0ah batteries but I've got 2x6.0ah batteries on the way.

I've played with the Milwaukee FUEL mitre saw and I must say the AEG beats it.  Maybe a bit controversial but the Milwaukee sometimes feels like it struggles and the rail system they use does allow lateral twisting whereas the AEG is solid.

The one thing I wish AEG would add is the LED shadow line system instead of the laser as the laser will get knocked around while the saw is in my van.  I've got a job for the saw tomorrow so will post some photos and video of it in action.

Martin

IMG_7331.JPG

Keen to see the video and how it goes! Looks like a decent unit and good value! Running on one battery or 2 is good! 

Im sure it has an LED Light for a sight line indicator, from having a look at my local Bunnings I'm sure it's just a button on the top or on the side? It's listed on the Bunnings website as having one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marsh942 said:

Keen to see the video and how it goes! Looks like a decent unit and good value! Running on one battery or 2 is good! 

Im sure it has an LED Light for a sight line indicator, from having a look at my local Bunnings I'm sure it's just a button on the top or on the side? It's listed on the Bunnings website as having one. 

This saw does have an LED light which is great for lighting the cut area but it has a laser line to show the cut line - this can obviously be knocked off true by constant vibration.

The Milwaukee (and DeWalt I believe) have a system where an LED shines at an angle on both sides of the saw blade which creates a perfect shadow of the blade.  This guarantees a perfect cut line mark overtime and doesn't matter if you swap the blades out as the shadow will change.

I'll hopefully get a video up of this tonight.

Martin

• Like 1

Hi Dwain

Nice video, I watched it earlier when it came up on my YouTube feed.  You guys have covered everything but here is a quick video I made showing how smooth it is to use:

By no means is my video a review, it's simply a test with different cuts.

A few observations, the dust collection is great but I had been using the saw all morning and didn't realise the bag was full until the dust was flying everywhere.  Secondly, the rubber dust chute extension piece sometimes gets in the way with larger material so needs to be removed.  Lastly, I had to remove the fence on the RH side when doing compound cuts as the battery mount kept catching it.

I was using 4.0ah batteries but I must say the runtime was impressive.  I can only imagine the runtime on the 2 6.0ah batteries I've got coming.

Martin

• Like 1

• 3 years later...