Flexvolt miter.Tempting deal

RTJR

The DW rep was at the local HD this morning. By the time I walked away the pitch was 699 for the saw, cord option, and four Flexvolt batts and a charger. The slide seemed a bit smoother than the standard corded unit on display. Other than that , both saws appear to be identical. Seems like a good deal for 100 bux more. Wouldn't mind having the 6.0s for the 6 1'2" circular saw that I use constantly. Do the pricing deals get any better? Fathers day or black Friday? I'm well used to cutting crown flat in my very well preserved Makita LS 1013, but it kinda sux.  I'd rather nest smaller crown for sure. I've been eyeing 12" miters forever for that reason. Ah, what to do?

• Like 2

77ford,

Have you cut anything with the saw yet? The reason I ask is this: I've heard that the slide might bind slightly when set to a right bevel. This morning I met the rep at another HD. Yesterday he told me where he'd be today, and that just happened to be on the way to the job. Sure enough, the slide stiffened a bit as the head was being slid towards the table while being set on the right bevel at 45. Left was smooth. I only wonder if it'll get better or worse? I've had the LS1013  since '98. It's as smooth now as it was then. I've been cutting 5/4 x 10 plinth blocks for columns the past day and a half, so I'm in the slide-saw-zone.  Anyway, if the DW binds I'm concerned it might jack with the cut somewhat, like chatter or walk. I'd like that not to be an issue. I want this bad boy, and I want those batteries for the rest of my DW 20V toys! However, I can't deal with whacked cuts on the material I'm working with. Just too pricey.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Wow. That is friggin insane. You can drive over to HD and pick one up in person for Petes sake.

Seems clear to me that CPO is being punished by SBD for for not honoring the lowest advertised pricing guidelines & giving customers a pre-order discount.

If so, the slimey b*st*rds are purposefully hurting loyal customers.

• Like 2