Preferred ratchets?

Conductor562

2 hours ago, phffter said:

gathered them together. had to id some with tape, so they'd go back where they belong. i forgot my 1'' set at the job site, along with a few others. torque wrenches and ratcheting torque adapters, refrigeration ratchet (that's another thread), and prehistoric type not included.

listed by size, 1/4 thru 3/4. no harbor fright. 1 gearwrench.

1.4_zpsh0va5jzw.jpg

3.8_zpsyz5ckbsf.jpg

1.2_zpsaigtctem.jpg

3.4_zpsq6hhptqg.jpg

Dude nice collection!!

gathered them together. had to id some with tape, so they'd go back where they belong. i forgot my 1'' set at the job site, along with a few others. torque wrenches and ratcheting torque adapters, refrigeration ratchet (that's another thread), and prehistoric type not included.

listed by size, 1/4 thru 3/4. no harbor fright. 1 gearwrench.[ />

A wall FULL of screwdrivers, this MASSIVE display of ratchets, I'd ask to see your wrenches but I don't have all day to go through a thousand pictures of all your wrenches that I'm sure you have!! Lol very nice, I love seeing your collection.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 5/7/2016 at 9:09 PM, Bigmikez said:

Finally!!! I got to come home a lil early today! It's been a hell of a week crew!! But here's a pic of my arsenal in the garage and next week I'll try and post a pic of my others at the shop. 

image.jpg

Mike, what's the bent handle?

3 hours ago, NicholasShetley said:

I had an s-k ratchet similar to that and I hated using it. I traded it to my dad for a regular flex head ratchet that I used far more. 

They're awkward because they want to twist...but I can see where it would be really handy. I get by with regular ratchets, U-joints and extensions but I'm also not a professional mechanic.

56 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

They're awkward because they want to twist...but I can see where it would be really handy. I get by with regular ratchets, U-joints and extensions but I'm also not a professional mechanic.

At the time it was my only longer ratchet and like you said it always wanted to twist. I've gotten by without it fine so far.

• Like 1

Thanks, Mike!

To everyone else, I know what it is, I just didn't know what it is, LOL. My next Snap On ratchet is likely to be an FBF80 (I think) 3/8" flex bent handle. If only Gearwrench would come out with an XP120 bent handle, instead of the 84 tooth that they have now.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2016 at 9:07 AM, BK13 said:

83AE57A4-9955-4073-85A1-1E8EC93BA7B5_zps

41431B86-CA7B-48DD-8DFC-7864E7A924AB_zps

I think this is all of them.... maybe.

Turns out that I was talking out my butt... I realize I don't have any of my Snap On rats in there, plus, I just bought a couple of Wright 3/8" ratchets, a 3425 and a 3480. Photobucket is down for maintenance or I'd hang some pics of the shiny new goodness...

• Like 3

Yup. Wright apparently started making them again for military mechanics in the Sandbox when their 'sealed' ratchets got gummed up. Available in 3/8" 3480 (shown) and 1/2" 4480. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...