Preferred ratchets?

Conductor562

9 minutes ago, BK13 said:

$45ish, I think. I was at a store in Vancouver and I forgot about your state's stupid sales tax. Grrr. Sweet ratchet, though....

That's not bad. I might have to go see if my local guy can get me one. I love the fixed head one I have. I also love my stubby flex head BlackHawk that is similar to this so it should be a solid buy.

On 5/8/2016 at 7:21 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

A wall FULL of screwdrivers, this MASSIVE display of ratchets, I'd ask to see your wrenches but I don't have all day to go through a thousand pictures of all your wrenches that I'm sure you have!! Lol very nice, I love seeing your collection.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

heh heh heh

there's alot in the crypt.

i seem to acquire channellock, diamond, refrigeration ratchets, ratchets, adj. wrenches.

9 hours ago, BK13 said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around what you said. Are you saying the profile of the beams change as they get smaller?

yep. 2 styles, it seems. 1 5/16 and up have more meat in the beam

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I rarely use big sized wrenches myself, but on the occasion that I do need them once is enough to make the set worth having. Usually I need them about thirty seconds after a piece of equipment pukes up half of its guts through a break in a hydraulic hose. 

I rarely use big sized wrenches myself, but on the occasion that I do need them once is enough to make the set worth having. Usually I need them about thirty seconds after a piece of equipment pukes up half of its guts through a break in a hydraulic hose. 

Other than that keep it in the truck for self defense lol

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Other than that keep it in the truck for self defense lol

Jimbo

I like the way you think lol.;D

In the off chance that the magazine for the gun in the passenger is empty I'll make sure and reach for my big wrenches. I guess a big wrench is probably more intimidating and less of a felony to use to intimidate someone with. 

• Like 1

I like the way you think lol.;D

In the off chance that the magazine for the gun in the passenger is empty I'll make sure and reach for my big wrenches. I guess a big wrench is probably more intimidating and less of a felony to use to intimidate someone with. 

A mag light will work too!

Jimbo

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
11 minutes ago, DerekTheToolGuy said:

I have been dying for one of those kobalts in 3/8 but cant find any i got the sockets that go with them let me know if youd ever want to trade or sell..nice collection

A couple of them are Williams Taiwan, those are pretty easy to come by as are the Blue Point. The Williams low-tooth count with super lube is the smoothest ratchets I own, you can barely hear it click.

I found the 1/2 Kobalt USA on eBay, the 3/8" ratchet is part of my first ratchet kit I ever bought(in high school).

• Like 2

I have one of the Williams ones and I like it alright. The kobalt version are highly sought after. I might get lucky one day, I want eBay like a hawk for one. I don't have a huge ratchet collection but I got a few. I'd love to post a pic but I don't have a big box right now and they are all mixed around in small boxes everywhere. My wife is buying us a big box for Christmas and I can't wait to get all my tools in 1 box except for what I keep in road kit. I plan on getting some new ratchets after Christmas as well, I'm wanting a wera and hazet and open gear wright. I love wright tools as they are my new found love and I got 100 sockets or so and some wrenches as well as 30 or so of their cougar line sockets. I have a hard time finding used ratchets around here when I do they're always broken. I did score a Beta made in Italy for 2$ not to long ago. The people thought it was broken but the teeth we're just clogged up with crud and it was a weird design that has no springs or gear but a paw that gets wedged into the teeth around the head of ratchet and it's a push through type with no reverse you just turn it upside down. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Posting all my ratchets would be quite an undertaking. I don't have an exact count, but it's gotta be up around 80.

Here are the ones that stay in my box in regular rotation. The Mac Axis are my favorites. The Proto 90T version of it will be out soon, so they will likely be much more affordable. 

IMG_6669.JPG

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

I took 3 more pics, but it won't load for some reason ?

Who else was having this issue.....?? 

I can't remember if the pics had to be a certain size or even orientation, it was something weird like that...

I use a third party uploading site myself

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Posting all my ratchets would be quite an undertaking. I don't have an exact count, but it's gotta be up around 80.

Here are the ones that stay in my box in regular rotation. The Mac Axis are my favorites. The Proto 90T version of it will be out soon, so they will likely be much more affordable. 

IMG_6669.JPG

Yeah. I keep asking about those protos but can't get a release date. I need several. They announced them I wanna say June 22nd, but no one gave it any coverage because it was the day after flexvolt.

@KnarlyCarl: I got it fixed before the update. Guess we'll have to dig back into it.

@Stercorarius: I don't know the exact release date, but it should be any time. They were in the works as far back as spring of 2015, but Mac gets a lead time on shared products. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have questions.

1: What ever happened to these?

Warning: 3.2 MB PDF

2: Are you still a fan of the Mac axis series ratchets @Conductor562? I ask because they are available and the Protos are not. How bad are the cushioned grips with fluids/misc. shop or literal shit? 

3. I hear the phrase "x era Kobalt ratchets" frequently. What is this referencing? Is Kobalt a no longer existing brand? I alsp hear guys talk about how great old cobalt pliers we're. Same brand?