Talking power tool technology with Bosch

Skill Builder

Wow that's a big oversight on Bosch's part. The saw is where you would really want extra runtime.

Yeah a little, I trimmed that bottom lip off with my multi tool and now it fits a treat I know we shouldn't have to do that but I bought the battery to be used mainly on the circular saw and the grinder !
I know bosch have released a new circular saw so I bet it hasn't got the lip on the new model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Yeah a little, I trimmed that bottom lip off with my multi tool and now it fits a treat I know we shouldn't have to do that but I bought the battery to be used mainly on the circular saw and the grinder !
I know bosch have released a new circular saw so I bet it hasn't got the lip on the new model.

Have you had enough time running the new battery to get a feel for run time?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not really but I used it for a day swapping between jigsaw and grinder and it only dropped 2 out of the 5 bars on the battery but it's not like I can say exactly how much work I did but it was a fair amount !

When I really put it to the test I will report back but so far I like the battery

• Like 2

I'm interested in switching from makita and I hear a lot of good things about Bosch. They make everything even car parts, I've had Bosch oil filters, wiper blades and 02 sensors lol.  What is the difference between the green and blue Bosch tools? 

I'm interested in switching from makita and I hear a lot of good things about Bosch. They make everything even car parts, I've had Bosch oil filters, wiper blades and 02 sensors lol.  What is the difference between the green and blue Bosch tools? 

Green are their home owner tools similar to like black and decker or skil quality

Green are diy and blue are there professional tools , I've got bosch blue tools plenty of them and they are great

• Like 1

An update on the battery , been using it on my grinder a lot and it has really impressed me , it lasts ages has a lot of power and just doesn't bog down its got a lot more torque using the Eneracer !

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope Bosch will be quicker to get out new tools to take advantage of this new battery tech. That's the one thing holding them back is their lack of variety of cordless tools. It probably has a lot to do with Bosch being a huge company and the tools section only being one little part of it. 

I hope Bosch will be quicker to get out new tools to take advantage of this new battery tech. That's the one thing holding them back is their lack of variety of cordless tools. It probably has a lot to do with Bosch being a huge company and the tools section only being one little part of it. 

Yeah I agree I have this battery and lots of bosch 18v tools with plenty of batteries but I've ended up buying the dewalt 18v mitre saw as bosch don't make one and I had waited long enough !