Has anyone got the DWE7491?

jackfinzo

Hi has anyone got the DWE7491?

Reason I ask is I want to get it but have a few concerns....

1. I live in Europe. the European version has a very cheap/poor blade guard system compared to the American one. it also won't accept dado blades.

2. is it direct drive or belt driven? thinking I could get the European saw and buy the American arbor if its belt driven?

3. has anyone got the European saw and has changed the blade guard? or at least know if it is compatible? 

4. 110v don't bother me at all as I use a site transformer anyways but the 60hertz in America  rather than 50hertz where I live is a problem. from doing some research I believe Australia runs 50-hertz  electricity and their saw also accepts a dado blade and has the better blade guard. the only problem with this option is that Australia seems to be fairly expensive in comparison to the USA. On top of that, i presume shipping and import charges will be quite  expensive.

Hope to hear back with some thoughts, any light shed whats so ever will be appreciated!! :)

( Anyone who replies please let me know what part of the world you are from as it will make a lot more sense to me as I read your reply/thoughts.)