FESTOOL Pro5 delay.

William S

If you want as close to dust free work environment as possible then it's definitely worth it. Systainers are also extremely light and stack and latch much nicer than my ToughSystem stacks do. As I said, guys you see on site do use them but not the guys who work out in the elements. Most framers I've worked with shouldn't be within 100 feet of a systainer, or tstak or LBoxx for that matter lol. Rough and rowdy bunch. 

I cut and fitted a piece of live edge wood in a friends house today. I still need to add the nakashima bow tie over the crack and cut the plugs for the screw holes etc. He will do all the polyurethane work.  All the cutting and sanding was done in his living room. I used a festool track saw and sanders connected to a festool vacuum. He also chased the track saw as I cut with a Ridgid shop vac.  It was virtually all dust free, and cuts were laser straight no way could I have done that in using Milwaukee or Dewalt etc tools. 

Other wise we would have had to carry it outside multiple time to make cuts. It was so nice to have the work piece on saw horses a foot away from where we were installing it,

IMG_5007.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Bremon said:

Well I'd agree if you were talking about something like the Domino but other companies make dust extractors and track saws so I'll disagree with that notion. You did it the expensive, and likely superior way, but not the only way lol. The end result is great though!

He might have been talking about not being able to make cuts with the other saws dust free like that. Even though they have dust extractors, the dust collection does not do as well. I think they do produce similar cuts.

Very cool live edge !

10 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

I cut and fitted a piece of live edge wood in a friends house today. I still need to add the nakashima bow tie over the crack and cut the plugs for the screw holes etc. He will do all the polyurethane work.  All the cutting and sanding was done in his living room. I used a festool track saw and sanders connected to a festool vacuum. He also chased the track saw as I cut with a Ridgid shop vac.  It was virtually all dust free, and cuts were laser straight no way could I have done that in using Milwaukee or Dewalt etc tools. 

Other wise we would have had to carry it outside multiple time to make cuts. It was so nice to have the work piece on saw horses a foot away from where we were installing it,

IMG_5007.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Wow, beautiful work bro. I just ordered some West Systems to do a live edge table myself. I hope it comes out like that!

I hear Festool is quality....is it for cabinet makers ? Finish shop owners ? I never see a Festool product in the building trades ....I saw some Festool products finally at a lumber yard recently....I don't see the quality over Milwaukee or Dewalt...or the storage containers,they look like they will break if I drop them...unlike a tough system case or Milwaukee case..........the plastic looks cheap...none or little overmold......gotta be a "in shop" use thing and stack the boxes...German motors and parts would be good...

Over seas festool is bigger for contractors but state side their price gap is much larger than the other boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 20/02/2017 at 8:51 PM, JimboS1ice said:

Over seas festool is bigger for contractors but state side their price gap is much larger than the other boys

Not really. Barely seen on-site in the UK. Might be more so in mainland europe but again doubtful. They're too expensive to use for site work and risk damage or theft.

Not really. Barely seen on-site in the UK. Might be more so in mainland europe but again doubtful. They're too expensive to use for site work and risk damage or theft.

You poor guys in the U.K. get killed in any brand tool price

Email update

toolnut_logo_clear.png

Fellow Tool Nut,

In anticipation of upcoming shipment of your Festool Pro 5 Sander,  we need to ensure no details of your order have changed  to minimize any potential delays.

- Has your credit card number changed?
- Has the expiration date changed?
- Has your billing or shipping address changed? 

If any of this needs updating, please call us at 877-866-5688 extension #1 between 9-5pm EST to update your payment or shipping information. 

Based on the latest information from Festool, we expect to ship your sander on or around March 16th - March 23rd.

• 4 weeks later...

Got the long awaited update! 

From yesterday:

Items Shipped

Qty Item No. Description

Festool 201234 "PRO 5 LTD" ETS 125 REQ Random Orbital Sander

Those of you on Instagram will recognize this, thought it was fitting:

There once was a man who made widgets. He made the finest widgets in all the land. People from every kingdom would make great sacrifices to buy his widgets. Others could only dream of someday having a widget of their own. "Too much gold!" they would say. "We must buy bread and shoes for our children. The widget will have to wait." Then one day the man who made widgets said,"AHA! I will make many special widgets and put them in a special case. I will accept 1/2 of the required gold so everyone who needs one can be satisfied before it snows and still feed their children." The man who made widgets was a good man. He knew not what dark forces would cast him in a villainous light. The man who made widgets would trade with merchants from every land. The merchants in turn would sell them everywhere they went. Profit they did each time one was sold. When the merchants learned of the special widget for half the gold they worried, "Perhaps the other merchants will sell more than we." Then a very shrewd merchant said, "I will sell many widgets before they come! Promise me your gold and you will be the first to get your special widget! "

Not to be outdone the other merchants said,"We too will provide you with widgets if only you bring us your gold." Many said,"It is good! We will bring our gold and wait for our widgets." Others said ," The Man who makes widgets is a fool! He is giving his widgets away! Come let us buy all the widgets for 1/2 the gold and then sell them for more than the price of 2!" The man who makes widgets was very sad. " Enough! No more! It is too much for me." He said. " You're missing my point!" His benevolent plan was foiled by greed. 
The men who promised their gold to the merchants grew weary of the time. They cried the merchants. "Where are our widgets! The snow has come and we have no widget." Oh there were widgets to be had on eBay! But only if you bring enough gold. Nevermind the special case. The man who makes widgets is a good man. He now works day and night to make those special widgets even though he knows they will never reach the people who could only dream of one day having a widget of their own.  

From here:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jronman said:

hmm this isn't on festools website

4 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

Whats the deal with the black systainer?  I am behind I guess.

You're BOTH behind lol!!

It was a promo last year for $99 you get the pro5 LTD which comes with a black case and $50 voucher for future purchases...

I cant speak for all the all the sanders but the Festool I bought works great and the dust collection is amazing.  I have a couple nice Bosch sanders and would consider them equal in sanding abilities but not for dust.

I will probably add another Festool sander in the future. Festool has over complicated their sander line so I am undecided. Sandpaper for that matter is just as confusing.

Thanks for the info on the Black systainer. I did nto pay much attention to the Pro 5 as I was not sure it was a serious Festool product at the time.

23 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Got it!

IMG_20170408_143059141

IMG_20170408_143246275_HDR

Not shown is the bump guard still in the systainer

Nice Not Carl! Mine came in a while back and I a, waiting for my $50 refund. I ended up buying a CT26 and the boom arm ass,boy. The sands is awesome, nice lay made, fit and finish are great, DC is phenomenal. Like Rich said, I've got a Bosch sander too and I am switching the interface to 6" so my PRO5 will be my 5" finish sander.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

I cant speak for all the all the sanders but the Festool I bought works great and the dust collection is amazing.  I have a couple nice Bosch sanders and would consider them equal in sanding abilities but not for dust.

I will probably add another Festool sander in the future. Festool has over complicated their sander line so I am undecided. Sandpaper for that matter is just as confusing.

Thanks for the info on the Black systainer. I did nto pay much attention to the Pro 5 as I was not sure it was a serious Festool product at the time.

After buying this http://www.festoolproducts.com/power-tools/festool-sanders/festool-571903-ets-150-3-eq-random-orbital-sander.html I see no reason to own a 5in orbital sander. This was my first Festool Purchase and I have never looked back :)

1 hour ago, rrmccabe said:

I feel the same way. I bought this for corner sanding and it gets used for everything.

http://www.festoolproducts.com/power-tools/festool-sanders/festool-201221-rts-400-req-orbital-sander.html

That's a nice looking multi purpose sander with the Delta pad

• Like 1