New tool releases from Milwaukee

KnarlyCarl

2 hours ago, AnonymousJoe said:

Finally!

The saw? Or the tape?

Sweet Jimbo thanks for posting that, just in case anyone hasn't seen it, the tape measures aren't available in the States

I myself was never a fan of the wider tapes like the fatmax so I'm not exactly affected

• Like 1

I feel like milwakee has read my mind with the release of the mid torque impact, the die grinder, and now this metal saw.  Does anyone have any experience with the m18 brushed metal circ. saw.  We use the crap out of their 8" corded metal saw cutting 14ga to 3/16 steel.  Back in the dewalt 18v days we bought one of these cordless metal circ. saws but it just didn't have the power and runtime.  I've always been interested in the current m18 metal circ saw and said if it ever came out in the fuel I'd have to give it another try.  I actually thought it would be best in a flexvolt package but who knows when or if that'll ever happen.

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I feel like milwakee has read my mind with the release of the mid torque impact, the die grinder, and now this metal saw.  Does anyone have any experience with the m18 brushed metal circ. saw.  We use the crap out of their 8" corded metal saw cutting 14ga to 3/16 steel.  Back in the dewalt 18v days we bought one of these cordless metal circ. saws but it just didn't have the power and runtime.  I've always been interested in the current m18 metal circ saw and said if it ever came out in the fuel I'd have to give it another try.  I actually thought it would be best in a flexvolt package but who knows when or if that'll ever happen.

theres a 20v max version. Not sure how it compares to the 18v or the corded.

7 minutes ago, Jronman said:

theres a 20v max version. Not sure how it compares to the 18v or the corded.

None of them will compare to the 8" corded, it's a pretty bad*** saw.  The 18v we have I think was designed more for cutting like roofing tin.  It would do 12ga sheet steel but it worked it pretty hard and we never really used it.  That being said I know power tools have come a long ways the last 10-15 years.  Even if it's not a complete replacement for the corded saw if it were somewhere in between that and the old 18v I would have a lot of use for it.

• Like 1

I was looking forward to this Milwaukee announcement and then I find out it's tape measures that won't be available in the US and question why all the Instagram accounts were asked to help announce it. I didn't even find out about the far more interesting M18 Fuel Metal Cutting Circular Saw until several hours later. I don't know what all the fuss is about with tape measures. The sockets, and the hammers were different, not sure why Milwaukee is working towards having 100 different tapes.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2017 at 5:54 PM, jtkendall said:

I was looking forward to this Milwaukee announcement and then I find out it's tape measures that won't be available in the US and question why all the Instagram accounts were asked to help announce it. I didn't even find out about the far more interesting M18 Fuel Metal Cutting Circular Saw until several hours later. I don't know what all the fuss is about with tape measures. The sockets, and the hammers were different, not sure why Milwaukee is working towards having 100 different tapes.

Same exact train of though went through my head, stupid how they announced the day before there was going to be a new release the following day, only to be tape measures... 

But the new hammers look promising!!

http://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-hammers/

48-22-9022_1.png

Everyone is expressing surprise at how good they are lol

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SetBuilder said:

The Nilfisk Attix 33 sells for 640.00 at Acme tools. If that is the price point the Milwaukee will be at I would probably go with a Festool vac unless it has killer reviews. 

If the Milwaukee version of the Nilfisk does HEPA and auto clean at the same time, it has the Festool beat on at least that feature. 

12 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

The Nilfisk Attix 33 sells for 640.00 at Acme tools. If that is the price point the Milwaukee will be at I would probably go with a Festool vac unless it has killer reviews. 

My guess is it's a more of an economy model than that model you looked at, so Milwaukee can get down to a decent price point to sell to a larger market...

5 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

So the auto clean is a new feature that Festool does not have?

The standard CT36 is HEPA compliant but does not have auto-clean.  The Festool CT36 AC has autoclean, but is not HEPA compliant.  I've read that you can replace the standard filter on the CT36 AC with the HEPA version to make it HEPA compliant, but then you have to turn off the auto-clean feature or it will destroy the filter. 

$200 is too much for the bare tool. If they made it so it folded, I'd consider it at $150. I'd rather have the Eastwood or pretty much any other of the under hood lights over that. I would like one of those as cordless/corded (like some of the other lights) so I could hang it up in the garage as another shop light, then pull it down to use under the hood or as an area light.