New tool releases from Milwaukee

KnarlyCarl

I got the LED Rover light from my rep last week, I personally like it a lot. I just keep it in the door of my truck in case I need a quick light, plus I like that I can recharge it and that the charger works for other devices as well. Also, the charger seems pretty nice too... not like my iPhone one that takes a crap on me every six months. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

I got the LED Rover light from my rep last week, I personally like it a lot. I just keep it in the door of my truck in case I need a quick light, plus I like that I can recharge it and that the charger works for other devices as well. Also, the charger seems pretty nice too... not like my iPhone one that takes a crap on me every six months. 

How is the magnet on the back? I heard early reports that it wasn't as strong as the magnet on the bottom. The one on the back is the main reason I'm interested in it.

On 8/18/2017 at 9:47 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

New screwdrivers from previous generation, sounds like major improvements:

Milwaukee-Screwdriver-5.1-650x250.png

I just received a set of these. Haven't got any time on them yet, but from feel and appearance, I would say that they are a bit of a downgrade from the Taiwan-made prior ones, which I've been very happy with.

Looks like there's a more pro-grade set coming to HD soon:

image.thumb.png.0d49100938203b2fd58d7a55af42cdb6.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2017 at 12:50 AM, BMack37 said:

How is the magnet on the back? I heard early reports that it wasn't as strong as the magnet on the bottom. The one on the back is the main reason I'm interested in it.

Magnet on the side clip is pretty poor, it will hold, but slides down on surfaces quite easily.

The one on the top is quite strong, even holding it horizontally off a surface is no problem, it's definitely the strong one!

I think the clip itself should have protruded from the body of the light so that it can clip to metal lips or whatever without getting tipped back if that makes sense, it only works good to clip to your pocket

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Magnet on the side clip is pretty poor, it will hold, but slides down on surfaces quite easily.

The one on the top is quite strong, even holding it horizontally off a surface is no problem, it's definitely the strong one!

I think the clip itself should have protruded from the body of the light so that it can clip to metal lips or whatever without getting tipped back if that makes sense, it only works good to clip to your pocket

Thanks Brad. Sadly with that issue there is no real need for me to upgrade over the Craftsman lights. I spend $3 with $3 back in points for all of those so I can add my own magnets and modify it without guilt because they were soo cheap. Damn, I was hoping it would be good and strong, half the time I'm holding the Craftsman light because there's no good spot to stick it.

I think they did that for the magnets, they probably should have put the clip on the side...it's pretty rare that you'd use the clip and the light at the same time.

Wait, I think I have an idea. L-shaped bracket, magnets on the long side of the L and stick the light to the short side. Then it can be attached and rotated!

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:50 PM, BMack37 said:

Sorry for the late response. The magnet is alright, I don't think its amazing, but it's not poor either. My major complaint with it would be the actual pocket clip. It hasn't happened yet, but I question if it will break easily if caught? If that makes sense. I agree with @KnarlyCarl that it could be improved... as I would like to be able to clip it to other things, oppose to just my pocket. (Stole his whole sentence, I know)

• Like 1