New tool releases from Milwaukee

KnarlyCarl

I don't really like the direction Big Red is taking with storage. Small footprint with modular capabilities is where it's at, and that market is fairly saturated. 

I agree. I just shelled out some coin on a Systainer, and some kaizen foam for my new Mid Torque 2861 that won't arrive till march! Could have gotten it sooner, but my local supply house ordered it in for me. No biggie, as I don't see myself needing it this week, and I'm going on a week long cruise next Sunday. I thought about hacking up another Milwaukee parts organizer and putting kaizen foam in it, but the Systainer I'm using for the hole hawg is so compact, and as I won't be using the 2861 every day, I like that it'll lock into my Systainer stack in the van shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

I hear ya @NicolasRamos, my home workshop is stored in ToughSystem boxes  and everything is compartmentalized with accessories. Makes setup and teardown a breeze. If I was to work out of blow molded cases as a pile of randomly sized Milwaukee boxes and bags I'd tear my hair out. The only Systainers I have are for Pro5s but the same is true of them; tool and accessories, easily stored and easily accessible. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NicolasRamos said:

I agree. I just shelled out some coin on a Systainer, and some kaizen foam for my new Mid Torque 2861 that won't arrive till march! Could have gotten it sooner, but my local supply house ordered it in for me. No biggie, as I don't see myself needing it this week, and I'm going on a week long cruise next Sunday. I thought about hacking up another Milwaukee parts organizer and putting kaizen foam in it, but the Systainer I'm using for the hole hawg is so compact, and as I won't be using the 2861 every day, I like that it'll lock into my Systainer stack in the van shelf.

U have a link for the systainer ur using for the hole hawg? I'm looking for a good hard case, I don't like having bags piled up

• Like 1

U have a link for the systainer ur using for the hole hawg? I'm looking for a good hard case, I don't like having bags piled up

Systainer T-Loc II Anthracite
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GQZJR3Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7EAQyb9K3EGKX

I went overboard and ordered the carmine red handle and latches and it just looks so sexy. https://instagram.com/p/BLvq1BAB2eM/

I've since removed the cutout kaizen foam, and only left the bottom 20mm layer as cushion. I like it better the current way as I can carry my favorite 7" Bosch daredevil augers in their tubes in the sustainer. Also I added a belt hookto the hole hawg, and it wouldn't fit the way I had it oriented in the picture above. I'll get a shot of the current setup in a bit.

-Nick

• Like 2

Those Chinese knockoff Ti-bones look interesting and the asymmetrical claw on the hammers seem potentially advantageous as well. My interest is piqued. Ratchet and socket wise...there are too many options that I predict will be more appealing through some combination of quality, price, and country of origin that I predict these sockets will fall flat for me. 

• Like 1

Wow milwaukee hammers didn't see that one coming:mellow: was expecting FUEL M36 18.0 amp zero turn mower, maybe FUEL M36 chain saw maybe even circular saw? lol now i'm just tossing tools out that I want to see. [emoji3]

That's by 2022. And also they'll probably skip all the way to M80 for cool factor!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NicolasRamos said:

That's by 2022. And also they'll probably skip all the way to M80 for cool factor!

Yes but what I meant wan an X2 M18 battery system.

Adding both m18's together get M36.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bremon said:

Magic 8 ball, will M28 come back from the dead? "Outlook not so good". 

Putting out the SDS Fuel M28 overseas seemed like it was coming back a year or two ago but it turns out that was the Jokers at Milwaukee roleplaying Weekend at Bernies with M28s corpse. 

Not just overseas.  It's an M28 version of the M18 2715.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/0757-20

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DR99 said:

Yea defiantly not impressed with anything Milwaukee has done with storage.

Each of the individual pieces that they've come out with are generally well made and functional, but none of them work or even really fit together. It boggles the mind that the toolboxes, rolling bags, parts organizers are all different sizes and shapes and aren't part of a RedBOXX (tm) system. 

• Like 1