New tool releases from Milwaukee

KnarlyCarl

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:43 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

I almost wonder if the saw they shipped with the 9.0 kit wasn't on the same production as the bare tool or earlier releases, because i have been in touch with other guys about it, and they say the base is solid.

A guy at work bought the same deal and had it a little loose, he took the outer guard off and bent the bracket that the pin runs through to make it tighter on the swivel...  hard to describe in writing..

I, on the other had, took a drift and beat the pin so it would act like a rivet, making it real tight against the bracket. Disappointing, to say the least...

Has any of those 2 methods held up very well? The shoe on my saw has been loose for while and have been looking to fix it or guy at local HD said to just bring it in and he'd swap it for new one, but if its a common problem kinda no point. Mine was a bare tool as well but I figured it became loose because of getting banged around during use or in the job trailer. Not really the easiest on tools tho so it may not be worth messing with.

1 hour ago, jrk_indle84 said:

Has any of those 2 methods held up very well? The shoe on my saw has been loose for while and have been looking to fix it or guy at local HD said to just bring it in and he'd swap it for new one, but if its a common problem kinda no point. Mine was a bare tool as well but I figured it became loose because of getting banged around during use or in the job trailer. Not really the easiest on tools tho so it may not be worth messing with.

My modification will hold up, i have no doubt. It has so far very nicely, and it's basically making a rivet tighten the tolerance where it hinges..hard to explain.

The guy at work i haven't discussed this with since, but I can easily see that part of the bracket become nudged back a little bit.

Either way, I'm happy with it now, albeit a little frustrated at first... still for $50, can't complain too much. Love the 9.0 on it as well

My modification will hold up, i have no doubt. It has so far very nicely, and it's basically making a rivet tighten the tolerance where it hinges..hard to explain.

The guy at work i haven't discussed this with since, but I can easily see that part of the bracket become nudged back a little bit.

Either way, I'm happy with it now, albeit a little frustrated at first... still for $50, can't complain too much. Love the 9.0 on it as well

I gotcha, yea I had it narrowed down to where I thought the play was coming from just haven't done anything to fix it yet. Debated taking the pin out that I believe is causing the movement and replacing with bolt but that may cause other problems. But I just noticed you guys talking about it and was curious how it worked out.

I recently picked up the 9.0 deal that came with the sawzall, that I don't need ha, and really wanna see how the circular saw likes it. I got the saw right after it came out so when they finally released the bigger batteries started looking forward to picking one up. Works as good as I hope probably pick up at least one more 9.0 for hammer drill too.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The redstick levels are making their appearance:

Milwaukee will sell the both the non-magnetic and magnetic Redstick box levels in lengths of 16″, 24″, 32″, 36″, 48″, 59″, 72″, 78″, and 96″. They also are selling combination sets with two different sized levels. The first contains a 24″ and a 48″ level, while the second has a a 78″ and 32″ level.

The compact Redstick box levels will come in both magnetic and non-magnetic versions in 24″, 48″, and 72″ lengths. They will also sell a set with 24″ and 48″ levels — you can buy either a magnetic or non-magnetic set.

http://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-redstick-box-levels/

@Millerzconstruction won a set on instagram...

f

But a few reservations:

• worksmarternotharderig(toolpig) As I said on my post today mine are as perfect as I have ever seen levels. I have been a staunch Stabila fan for 25 years! I would have never gone out and bought these levels because I have been so happy with my German made Stabilas! I am going to use them side-by-side and so far I am very impressed with mine. I hate that you got bad ones but in manufacturing there can be defects in any product. I sincerely hope that the bad levels are few and far between especially since these are priced almost the same as Stabila.

On 12/26/2016 at 6:18 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

The redstick levels are making their appearance:

@Millerzconstruction won a set on instagram...

f

But a few reservations:

I'm really disappointed about these levels. I was so excited when they announced them and then they decide to charge a ridiculous price in an attempt to compete with Stabila. For $200 I can get 96", 78", 24", and 10" Empire True Blue magnetic levels to go with the 48" I already own. The Milwaukee 96" magnetic is 2.5x the price of the Empire and realistically Empire probably made them.

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 12.03.09 PM.png

• Like 2

I'm really disappointed about these levels. I was so excited when they announced them and then they decide to charge a ridiculous price in an attempt to compete with Stabila. For $200 I can get 96", 78", 24", and 10" Empire True Blue magnetic levels to go with the 48" I already own. The Milwaukee 96" magnetic is 2.5x the price of the Empire and realistically Empire probably made them.

That's nuts, I prefer the empire blue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

That's nuts, I prefer the empire blue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good news is Empire has new IP56 rated digital levels coming out this month. They're not cheap, the 48" magnetic is $159 at Home Depot and that's the biggest size in magnetic. I can't find the non magnetic versions on Home Depot yet. The only place I found the 48" non magnetic had it for $159 as well but they didn't have the magnetic version so I'm not sure what the price difference is going to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, tcoscarelli said:

I think Empire knocked it out of the park when they came out with leds to help see.

Yeah, pretty sweet to have a color for all occasions.. 

2 hours ago, justinkendall said:

Good news is Empire has new IP56 rated digital levels coming out this month. They're not cheap, the 48" magnetic is $159 at Home Depot and that's the biggest size in magnetic. I can't find the non magnetic versions on Home Depot yet. The only place I found the 48" non magnetic had it for $159 as well but they didn't have the magnetic version so I'm not sure what the price difference is going to be.

I saw them, i want them!!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

New mid size impact. About the size of a compact, but with more torque 

This is what is making me think I'm going all M18 and Metabo this time around. I'd love to get the 2763, this mid size, the small one, the right angle one, the m12 3/8 one and ratchet. Hopefully someone comes out with a stubby impact wrench soon. Think like this but M18

5e501dac9d980393088eaf77dec372b7.jpg

• Like 1

I've taken to losing and breaking clearances hi vis Stanley tapes, I had five in my door and am down to two without breaking any. I wonder how these will compare for triple the cost.

I have had a hard time with tapes too. They just don't seem to be built that well anymore unless you pony up a ton of cash for like a fat max

I've taken to losing and breaking clearances hi vis Stanley tapes, I had five in my door and am down to two without breaking any. I wonder how these will compare for triple the cost.

I have had a hard time with tapes too. They just don't seem to be built that well anymore unless you pony up a ton of cash for like a fat max

• Like 1

So empire gets bought by Milwaukee, and they more than double the price to make it red?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So empire gets bought by Milwaukee, and they more than double the price to make it red?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

No, they are both owned by TTI so realistically they just have Empire pumping out new levels under the Milwaukee name so they can compete with more established brands.

They think the Milwaukee name will bring in people willing to pay more. It doesn't help them when one of their tool reps is trying to sell someone on tools at Home Depot and they state loudly that they make the Empire levels too.

• Like 2

What gets me is the low cost option from Empire I believe is made in USA while the red wannabe Stabila (wannabila?) is Chinese. Wtf. The Germans are making good wages and their product speaks for itself. They should pay someone a good wage to make the red stick too instead of just more money for advertising. 

• Like 3