Home Depot

BMack37

6 hours ago, fm2176 said:

I've noticed that some stores keep tool boxes in the tool rental area as well, if they don't offer that service.  I think the lumber aisles are one of the worst places to keep tool boxes.  I've seen more than a few dented by unwary customers with lumber carts.

...Then they end up at pallet stores. That's how I got my first Husky top chest, a small 26"

• Like 1

I've noticed that some stores keep tool boxes in the tool rental area as well, if they don't offer that service.  I think the lumber aisles are one of the worst places to keep tool boxes.  I've seen more than a few dented by unwary customers with lumber carts.

That’s when you get the additional 20-30% off for the damage :))))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

The Sears in the mall I recruited out of used to have a bunch of damaged boxes.  I got a couple of boxes for cheap, took them home and used a block of wood and mallet to fix the damage.  HD seems to be the best place to procure one now, though.

In my opinion, even as a former mechanic (many of whom are known to take pride in their overpriced tool truck boxes), a tool box should be viewed as a means of organizing and securing tools as opposed to a display piece.  Buying a damaged toolbox in the first place only means we won't obsess over every little scratch and ding put on it.  It's kind of like buying a well used Toyota over a brand new Lexus.

• 3 weeks later...

Diablo 9" pruning blades, 5-pack for $3.80.  These sell for $5 individually and the 5-pack was originally $15.

Diablo 5" sandpaper discs with 7 FREE SandNet discs and backing pad (posted elsewhere last week).

I've also seen the 3.0Ah Makita drill and impact kits as low as $65 recently, and the DeWalt 20v Max miter saw at $140.  

17 hours ago, fm2176 said:

Diablo 9" pruning blades, 5-pack for $3.80.  These sell for $5 individually and the 5-pack was originally $15.

Diablo 5" sandpaper discs with 7 FREE SandNet discs and backing pad (posted elsewhere last week).

I've also seen the 3.0Ah Makita drill and impact kits as low as $65 recently, and the DeWalt 20v Max miter saw at $140.  

I've been dying to get those pruning blades on clearance but haven't seen them yet. Maybe the hurricane effected them not clearancing the like they have in the rest of the country. I love those Diablo pruning blades.

9 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I've been dying to get those pruning blades on clearance but haven't seen them yet. Maybe the hurricane effected them not clearancing the like they have in the rest of the country. I love those Diablo pruning blades.

The Greensboro, NC store was the only one I've seen the 5-packs at, after looking in stores from GA all the way to VA.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mattyuk
    Newest Member
    mattyuk