Home Depot

BMack37

For those on the RIdgid 18v platform, you can find some killer deals on their cordless routers.  I've seen these on clearance at two different stores.  It almost makes me want to add some orange batteries to the battery drawer.

IMG_2039.thumb.JPG.e7acd8b37b327877ff143c81d8ed8f68.JPG

• Like 3

On 4/5/2018 at 9:43 AM, khariV said:

For those on the RIdgid 18v platform, you can find some killer deals on their cordless routers.  I've seen these on clearance at two different stores.  It almost makes me want to add some orange batteries to the battery drawer.

IMG_2039.thumb.JPG.e7acd8b37b327877ff143c81d8ed8f68.JPG

I already have one, and local stores are still sitting at @$80, but if I find one for $60 or less I'll buy a second.  I usually only use two different bits in my projects, so having two set up would save time and effort.

3 hours ago, ChrisK said:

I'll start the bidding, $140 :P

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jronman said:

You going to keep the DeWALT you just bought?

Oh yeah, the thing is awesome. I actually bought the Milwaukee for my brother, it’s his birthday tomorrow but I love the grief 😎

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Foneguy said:

Yellow roots

I will admit that Tool Boss did a comparison of both and the Milwaukee has more torque and it showed in the test. The Dewalt left off but the Milwaukee did in fact finish faster. But two tools with clear differences in torque. I might actually get one, 199 is cheap for a tool like that.

• Like 1

There are a lot of GREAT deals to be had for the lucky right now.  I picked up Milwaukee's 18" rolling bag for $40 and there were still stickers for the ToughSystem DS150 and DS400 for about $9 and $13 respectively (but sadly no boxes).  The Ridgid Brushless Special Edition black 4 pc. kit is now $200 and the OneKey bare impact wrench is $134.  I bought both but consider the impact more an impulse buy/way to try out the OneKey app than a too-good-to-pass-up deal.  The Ridgid kit, though, is an excellent buy if you need the tools or even just the batteries.  It includes two-4Ah batteries that retail for $99 each, the 7-1/4" circular saw ($139 bare tool), compact hammer drill, impact driver, and grinder (each of which costs $119 as a bare tool), and a charger.  Plus it comes in a decent Halloween-esque color scheme.  Coupled with an additional discount it's almost a steal!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Electrical clearance has largely dropped to $.03 pricing.  I picked up four 250-count jars of Ideal Wire-nuts and a few pairs of the Klein Extreme gloves (made by Mechanix) for $11.03.  In terms of power tools, they currently have Milwaukee kits and lights at around 30-50% off.  I found the original Rocket light for $125 in Opelika, AL but passed on it.

• 2 weeks later...

The One Key combo is now $125.03!  I stopped by a store this afternoon to see if they had dropped in price.  The store had a few still priced at $375.06 just a few days ago.  Those were all gone, and I noticed a drop in some of the other prices, so I drove across the river to the poor state and lo and behold, there was a shopping cart with 4 or 5 at the the lower price!  Both stores had the One Key Sawzall at $125 too.

I picked up two of the kits, one intended for my brother, the 2-pack of Ryobi 6Ah batteries, and a Devour sweeper, paying $500 including tax.  

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Stopped into a local store this morning and found the DeWalt DC385 reciprocating saw on clearance for $50.  I got excited at first because a DCS387 kit was in its place, but no such luck.  YMMV, but this isn't bad for someone still on the 18v XRP system, or who is budget-minded and already owns the DBA1820 adapter. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Jrhky36 said:

Found this last night. Didn't believe the sticker had someone scan it. It was correct got it for 50% off of secular price and added my veterans 10% to bring the price to $135 before tax

this the gen 2 fuel high torque?

Not sure if it is gen2. I'm changing over to milwaukee from dewalt. It is the mid range torque. I'm using it to change the blades on my mower. For the cost of a battery and charger at regular price not Christmas pricing it was a great deal. The regular price was $299. 

On 12/4/2018 at 10:27 PM, Jrhky36 said:

Not sure if it is gen2. I'm changing over to milwaukee from dewalt. It is the mid range torque. I'm using it to change the blades on my mower. For the cost of a battery and charger at regular price not Christmas pricing it was a great deal. The regular price was $299. 

It's a gen1, there is no gen2 on the mid-torque. Great deal and a great impact wrench.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jimjs7434584
    Newest Member
    jimjs7434584