Home Depot

BMack37

Yea, I thought you'd lose the discount when returned? I haven't actually done it at HD but I've had it happen at other stores

They spread the discount over the 2 items you buy.........when I return the drill combo it will not effect the discount on the miter saw.

And if you plan on using a coupon.....you want to make sure that they apply the discount on the tool you plan on keeping. Then have them ring up the second tool which signals the additional $150 discount.

They spread the discount over the 2 items you buy.........when I return the drill combo it will not effect the discount on the miter saw.

And if you plan on using a coupon.....you want to make sure that they apply the discount on the tool you plan on keeping. Then have them ring up the second tool which signals the additional $150 discount.

So basically you wind up saving $75 off of the second tool you bought?

• Like 1

So basically you wind up saving $75 off of the second tool you bought?

Yes........on the miter saw for example, the HF 20% coupon took off $75 and then the $150 promo took off another $75.

$399 saw - $75 -$75 = $249

The other $75 from the $150 promo was taken off the drill combo (which I will return W/receipt).

I picked up 2 drill combos last year for $175 each using the same system applying the 20% HF coupon to the drill combo and buying/returning the cheapest tool that would activate the promo.

The Milwaulkee power adapter for $29 will activate the $150 discount. Which in turn gives you a larger % off the tool you intend to keep.

Just go to HD.com and add tools to your cart to see what works best for you.

Not all HD's will accept the HD coupons........I was turned done earlier in the week, so I tried again at another store.

I'm all for using competitors coupons and taking advantage of deals and asking that a store honors an advertised deal on something that isn't explicitly spelled out.

But, isn't buying something with the intent to get a discount on something else, then returning the first item and not giving the discount back getting close to stepping over the line?

I mean I can go along with it if you truly don't like the first item and you only do it once, but doing it repeatedly in order to game the system, I can't say that I agree with that.

Not trying to be a kill joy or the morality police, but I'm sure there are folks from manufactures and stores that read these forums..........

John

I doubt you'd get in trouble over it...but I'd say you should let your conscience be your guide. Though I'd fully support it if someone was to do it to Lowe's because based on their customer service, they deserve it...but if you believe in the Western idea of Karma, you may want to take the high road regardless of that fact.

Conscience => guide

:)

By the way, you can still sell the item on where ever(Craigslist, forums, eBay) and probably get a lot of your money back.

• Like 1

According to Stuart HD has the new brushless Ridgid hammer and brushless circular saw out for $199. They do in fact have them at my store but i didn't notice if the saw was brushless. Hmmmmmmm.,,,,,do I need ANOTHER tool line ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??

• Like 1

Yeah 698 here too. I don't need it though. Wouldn't be bad in my shop though ;)

I'm the same way. I do t really need it, but it sure would be fun to have. I like the look of the Dewalt but I just wish it was wider.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm the same way. I do t really need it, but it sure would be fun to have. I like the look of the Dewalt but I just wish it was wider.

They have a 52" DeWalt for $798 top and bottom at Home Depot.

I think it is a Black Friday thing.

My store has one but they have yet to put it out

• Like 1

They have a 52" DeWalt for $798 top and bottom at Home Depot.

I think it is a Black Friday thing.

My store has one but they have yet to put it out

I didn't see the 52" and especially not at that price. I may have to go see if we have one. Thanks for the heads up!

Man, I might have to pick up that hole saw kit Jombo posted, seems like a pretty good deal. Those Dewalt drill sets are pretty good too.

On Stuart's site he's posted some pretty good blister pack deals also. I like that HD is putting together sets of things we can use instead of the stocking stuffer redesign the wheel crap that Sears/Lowes is pushing...or whomever designed the Irwin visegrip with a knife glued to the side. 

Man, I might have to pick up that hole saw kit Jombo posted, seems like a pretty good deal. Those Dewalt drill sets are pretty good too.

On Stuart's site he's posted some pretty good blister pack deals also. I like that HD is putting together sets of things we can use instead of the stocking stuffer redesign the wheel crap that Sears/Lowes is pushing...or whomever designed the Irwin visegrip with a knife glued to the side.

Yea I have the hole saw kit in my Christmas list, nice thing is it gives you the arbors for larger sizes.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just picked up the hole saw kit yesterday. It's quite nice for the money and a lot cheaper than the carbide hole saw kit I've been eyeballing at Rockler.

If anyone is in need of a mobile stand for their miter saw, the Ridgid MSUV is really very nice. Not quite as easy to stand up as the Bosch, but for $100 it's an awesome value on a solid rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm all for using competitors coupons and taking advantage of deals and asking that a store honors an advertised deal on something that isn't explicitly spelled out.

But, isn't buying something with the intent to get a discount on something else, then returning the first item and not giving the discount back getting close to stepping over the line?

I mean I can go along with it if you truly don't like the first item and you only do it once, but doing it repeatedly in order to game the system, I can't say that I agree with that.

Not trying to be a kill joy or the morality police, but I'm sure there are folks from manufactures and stores that read these forums..........

John

Going to HD to return my DeWalt dill kit..... With the receipt and according to HD return guide lines.

Just ordered this! Can't wait. It would have been sweet if it was the Fuel Hackzall but I'll take it! Maybe I will sell the Hackzall and put it towards the Fuel version...hmmm

You might want both the M12 fuel hackzall is quite a bit bigger than the standard M12

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jimjs7434584
    Newest Member
    jimjs7434584