The new service van

KnarlyCarl

• 3 weeks later...
On 15.1.2017 at 9:21 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

I'm in it completely now, still have a crate or two to sort through.. the old van is sold to a guy that wants to use it for a RV and travel the country!

I'm still modifying things as I go, but no break in work means I only do a little at a time.

I need to label everything with a label maker.

I need to add a pull out shelf for a workbench

still have to button up the ceiling panels and wires for the lights are hanging a little

Loaded up for a radiant tube heater install. Probably my favorite type of heat to install. Love boiler work, too

IMG_20170106_075500274

These yellow bins were from the old van, now moving everything to the blue bins

and those yellow bins were only half of what was in the van...

IMG_20170110_142625138

I just quickly put 1" and 1/2" marks on the top of the shelf above my brass nipples for quick reference

For my black iron nipples, i use a caddy, but brass aren't used as much so i decided against using a caddy for them...

I want to put a permanent tape/ruler here in its place sometime...

IMG_20170110_140340433

Oh and I found this interesting: there's no gas cap, you just push the gas nozzle in from the pump and pump away..

IMG_20161223_181817240

I use the Sortimo system in my van. It's cool because they have bins in so many different sizes- really great if you carry a lot of small parts

DSC_5412

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BrianT said:

I use the Sortimo system in my van. It's cool because they have bins in so many different sizes- really great if you carry a lot of small parts

DSC_5412

which i don't at all! I can see how nice they are to custom sort the bins in those organizers. I have 6 of the Milwaukee organizers (on sale at HomeDepot one day) but have really had my eye open for a modular van storage systems...