Just how good is one key tracking?

Stercorarius

Yeah but I mean something advertised for drilling will drill a hole and if it doesn't drill a hole just as advertised, I wouldn't buy from them. All my other tools work just as advertised. The only ones with advertising that are severely misleading is harbor freight. I don't know of any of the major tool brands that have anything fall as short of as advertised as this. If something was advertised as being a drill and could only drill a hole 1 out of ten times under ideal conditions I would be mad and never buy from them again. Same thing if something is advertised as being able to track a tool and doesn't even if I go out of my way to get the perfect conditions. The only information I was ever given was that it tracks tools and any news or "review" of it mentioned a theft tracking and inventory aspect. It does that beyond poorly, if at all. Anything that falls that short on performance isn't worth my time. I understand the whole concept of caveat emptor, and so I'm letting other people know, that at least in my case it failed miserably so they have information on their next purchase. Tracking is the only appeal to me personally for One-Key and it doesn't perform as advertised and so it's not worth my time or purchasing any Milwaukee products. I'm under no delusion that my business will have any affect on their profits even to a 0.000001% or that my feedback affects a significant number, if any, people's decisions. It wouldn't just be bad for progress if negative feedback didn't exist. I mean I started this thread optimistic and as hopeful as anyone could be that this worked. I would only gain if it did. It didn't, so then I bought two ticks to see if I could get better luck with them. The impact was pretty early on. Could have been a fluke. Neither tick worked to where I could use it for personal inventory, much less anything to do with theft. This was trying with both my cat phone, and my Samsung. It may only work apple devices, but that's still poor design and execution on their part. I'm not about to go out and buy a DeWalt version either because even if it was executed perfectly, which I'm sure it isn't, it still lacks the user base to be effective beyond personal tracking. Shoot unpowered RFID tags ping at shorter distances than the tick.