Got To Get Me Some......

comp56

11 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Man that looked like some video manipulation, guess not tho, that's insane

you know I watched a few times and thought the same thing if you notice the semi circle around where he is grinding looks like a different texture/color and he doesn't go past it. plus now you may not see it but doesn't seem like enough spark coming off of something like mild steel with the amount being removed but a softer material may not produce that much spark....I guess the only real way to know 100% is doing it yourself.....

if you look close the difference is on both sides of the plate

1.PNG

2.PNG

There's one problem with the "it's staged" argument. These people are presumably trying to sell these sanding bands. If they can't even remotely do what they claim, they're not going to build much loyalty and will get outed pretty quickly on social media. 

I'm not saying that this was hardened steel plate, but I doubt that they went through the trouble to cast a partial piece of copper or aluminum into the piece just to fake a video. Some yahoo that built a custom rig would do that sort of nonsense, but probably not a company selling these. 

1 minute ago, khariV said:

There's one problem with the "it's staged" argument. These people are presumably trying to sell these sanding bands. If they can't even remotely do what they claim, they're not going to build much loyalty and will get outed pretty quickly on social media. 

I'm not saying that this was hardened steel plate, but I doubt that they went through the trouble to cast a partial piece of copper or aluminum into the piece just to fake a video. Some yahoo that built a custom rig would do that sort of nonsense, but probably not a company selling these. 

your probably 100% correct it is just hard to believe.......

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1. Aluminum and copper gum up so they'd be slower, and won't spark.  It's definitely steel, just not hard steel.

2. Second, that belt grinder is running really fast.  You can hear it and see a lot of sparks getting carried back to the cut along the entire belt

3. It's an extremely low grit belt meant for this type of fast material removal.

Even with all of that, it's a pretty impressive sanding belt.