Bosch Angle Grinder Recall

khariV

I  ran across this story this morning and I don't know if it affects anyone in the US but I know we have users from Europe on here so I figured I would forward the information. 

anglegrindercare.com

IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION

Owners of series GWS 20, GWS 22, GWS 24, PWS 20, PWS 1900 and PWS 2000 angle grinders from the production period June through to August 2016 and of model GWS 24-230 JVX Professional with brake from the production period February through to October 2016 are asked to observe the following: Effective immediately, these devices must no longer be used or provided to others. Affected devices will be repaired or exchanged free of charge. Use the following link to view the Safety information.

• Like 1

I  ran across this story this morning and I don't know if it affects anyone in the US but I know we have users from Europe on here so I figured I would forward the information. 

anglegrindercare.com

IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION

Owners of series GWS 20, GWS 22, GWS 24, PWS 20, PWS 1900 and PWS 2000 angle grinders from the production period June through to August 2016 and of model GWS 24-230 JVX Professional with brake from the production period February through to October 2016 are asked to observe the following: Effective immediately, these devices must no longer be used or provided to others. Affected devices will be repaired or exchanged free of charge. Use the following link to view the Safety information.

Not sure how the model numbers compare but I know they recalled the 1380 slim grinder here. Mine is still being repaired.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 12/23/2016 at 9:07 AM, kruton said:

Not sure how the model numbers compare but I know they recalled the 1380 slim grinder here. Mine is still being repaired.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

What happened to it?

Or rather, what was the potential failure?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Damn, too bad it's not a recall of the Bosch Slim. I punished that grinder for a decade and it finally shat the bed. I'm sure it could have been repaired, but for how inexpensive they are, not worth it. I cannot believe Bosch discontinued the Slim model. WTF?? A grinder with a thin enough housing to make it super comfortable to use and they shelve it. Just stupid.