3/8 Brushless inpact gun when?

Speedybon

2 hours ago, DR99 said:

Milwaukee is the only tool company that seems to have a full depth of Impact Wrenches.

Its not like it is hard to make a 3/8 impact. Dewalt just released a brushless 3/8 this year. They act like there is hardly any demand or something.

40 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

They did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah and I think they just did what you did with your brushless impact driver and swapped the anvil. They didn't give it any extra power like Milwaukee or makita did with their compact impact wrenches. Here is the link to it on the dewalt website. http://www.dewalt.com/en-us/products/power-tools/impact-drivers-and-wrenches/20v-max-xr-38-compact-impact-wrench-bare/dcf890b

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DPSElias said:

Yea they did? I'm really thinking of buying into the M18 line as I like the amount of tools they offer and I already have a decent amount of their M12 line

Do it, between the lighting, impacts and the misc tools...it's a great line to buy into. Also it has a huge secondary market, you should never have to pay retail for a new battery(and I'm not talking about knockoff batteries). Pretty much anyone that sees my Milwaukee stuff want to buy in, some are leaving Snap On for impact wrenches...M18 has better power and cheaper.  

• Like 2

Yeah and I think they just did what you did with your brushless impact driver and swapped the anvil. They didn't give it any extra power like Milwaukee or makita did with their compact impact wrenches. Here is the link to it on the dewalt website. http://www.dewalt.com/en-us/products/power-tools/impact-drivers-and-wrenches/20v-max-xr-38-compact-impact-wrench-bare/dcf890b

That's kinda lame, at least try to tweak it to 200lbs or so [emoji1361]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Do it, between the lighting, impacts and the misc tools...it's a great line to buy into. Also it has a huge secondary market, you should never have to pay retail for a new battery(and I'm not talking about knockoff batteries). Pretty much anyone that sees my Milwaukee stuff want to buy in, some are leaving Snap On for impact wrenches...M18 has better power and cheaper.  

Also the Snap On warranty is pretty horrible 1 year on the tool and battery. That's pretty bad in today's cordless world

• Like 1

Snap on has currently become cheap imported garbage with little warranty coverage and they will still charge you for it like Jesus Christ made them himself, not Jesus Gomez-Garcia and a 12 year old taiwanese boy. Snap on is total horseshit. I'm done with them. I'll stick to proto gearwrench and sunex. At least their important crap doesn't come with the pretention that it will cure your hemmeroids if you stick it up your ass.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Snap on has currently become cheap imported garbage with little warranty coverage and they will still charge you for it like Jesus Christ made them himself, not Jesus Gomez-Garcia and a 12 year old taiwanese boy. Snap on is total horseshit. I'm done with them. I'll stick to proto gearwrench and sunex. At least their important crap doesn't come with the pretention that it will cure your hemmeroids if you stick it up your ass.

Nice descriptions!! :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DR99 said:

Also the Snap On warranty is pretty horrible 1 year on the tool and battery. That's pretty bad in today's cordless world

I didn't realize it was that short, wow.

I think Snap On is using one of the European companies for their power tools. I can't remember which one(Hilti maybe)...which they overcharge for.

I have used the newest snap on "high" torque 18v impact wrench and it isn't impressive at all. One of my classmates in tech school had one and there were countless times he had to grab my Milwaukee to get the job done. There is no hiding that the Mikwaukee blows the snap on out of the water in every way. It isn't worth it at the student price and it damn sure isn't worth it at full price. 

• Like 1

been waiting for an official dewalt brushless 3/8 i/wrench for a while now. i have even done the dcf886 anvil swap ( credits to Jimbo ) just to say i have a 3/8 brushless wrench. at my work i have 4 impacts in the 20v dewalt line-up. 2 of which are wrenches. the older 883 and the 886 anvil swap. i need multiples because i have to deal with multiple size fasteners and time is money. switching sockets constantly on the same impact is a nuisance for me.  

as for this new brushless 3/8 wrench. on paper it looks identical to the 886 with just an anvil swap but at PREMIUM price. acmetools.com has it listed at $179 as just a bare tool. that is very high. if it truly is the 886 with a different anvil, you could have this at a much lower price if you dont mind doing the jimbo hack. i could also be totally wrong and there has been an improvement in the guts of the gun. 

would really love to see jimbo buying this and doing a side by side comparison to his 886 hack..... but at $179, i doubt it.