TIA home page comments

JMG

Several days ago I posted a comment in the Makita sub compact thread and instead of getting a message stating that it was awaiting moderation, the screen flashed like it normally does when it shifts to the moderation note, but the comment vanished. Wasn't too sure if it had glitched or not so waited to see if it showed up with any other comments others might have made. It did not. Today I posted a comment in the Milwaukee speaker thread and the comment vanished again without leaving the awaiting moderation confirmation note. Any ideas?

OH no.  I know our caching changed with our service and hopefully something didn't change.  I approved some comments both of those posts, not sure if yours was one.  Do you go by JMG with the comment?  Let me know and I can look into that and see what is going on.  Thanks for letting me know.  We did a couple of updates as we thought things would slow down right before Christmas, so i am wondering if something happened.

Yes, I go by JMG where ever possible on tool forums. On instagram it is j_._m_._g because there are evidently a lot of users with the same initials, and that was as close as I could get without adding a bunch of numbers.

As I stated, my comment did not show up and was made several days ago.

12 minutes ago, JMG said:

Posted a comment this morning and it seems to have worked correctly...

Good to hear. 

I put a couple up and see they posted no problem..

The annoying thing is having to type in my name and email every single time I want to comment. Why can't it use my forum credentials to not require that every SINGLE TIME!!??

• Like 1

Not certain that it is working yet as there have been no new comments posted in the last three days on the four newest posts. Looking at the post about the Milwaukee speaker and all of it's comments, one would think that there would be at least a few in the others above it.

Not certain that it is working yet as there have been no new comments posted in the last three days on the four newest posts. Looking at the post about the Milwaukee speaker and all of it's comments, one would think that there would be at least a few in the others above it.

I haven't had time to go to the homepage, but my comment is not visible! It did say awaiting moderation, but I never bothered to check on it till now. This was on 12/28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 12/27/2016 at 9:43 AM, KnarlyCarl said:

Good to hear. 

I put a couple up and see they posted no problem..

The annoying thing is having to type in my name and email every single time I want to comment. Why can't it use my forum credentials to not require that every SINGLE TIME!!??

That is something we are working on for 2017.  The website and the forum use different databases, so it has never integrated great.  We have tried different plugins, but also seems like it created more of a mess.  We hope we can get them integrated soon.

On 12/27/2016 at 11:19 AM, DR99 said:

It would be nice if the forum and web site would be more integrated, but I don't know if the software would allow it.

We will be integrating the forum and the site more.  Right now there are two different database and just need to get a coder to get them to work correctly.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2016 at 7:46 AM, JMG said:

Sorry, that is my fault.  I have been out and haven't gone through the moderation on the website.  I usually do it daily but have lacked with the holidays.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That was my fault and sorry about that.  When you post on TIA home page comments are held in moderation until we approve.  I have dropped the ball.  We are moving this forum and our home page.  It has been a nightmare and have been working on all that over the last couple of weeks.  We get so much spam, we have to hold it for moderation.