Dewalt XR Lithium Ion Battery or charger does not work

I have Dewalt XR 18 Volt 1.5AH 2 batteries and 4AH barttery and 5 AH battery. I have DCB 105 and DCB107 chargers and when they were charged the light was continuously red. It means it is fully chared but all batterys are only one bar lit meaning only 25-30 % charged.

I then bought new DCB 115 two charges and got those today. I charged and the same thing was happening. Was it the fault of charger or batteries?. Do I need to return the chargers before expiry date. Do I need to replace batteries?  Any comment would be appreciated.

The battery charge indicator on the packs could be faulty, this is not uncommon and widely documented, contact DeWalt customer service and they will a) email you a paid postage lable for replacement or b ) just send you a new one asking you to "dispose" of the faultly packs(really they are probably just fine but no charge indicator).  Good luck

3 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

The battery charge indicator on the packs could be faulty, this is not uncommon and widely documented, contact DeWalt customer service and they will a) email you a paid postage lable for replacement or b ) just send you a new one asking you to "dispose" of the faultly packs(really they are probably just fine but no charge indicator).  Good luck

Since he mentioned 18v I'm taking it he's in Europe so this won't work if the batteries are over a year old as I tried it and was told batteries are only covered by a 1 year warranty. Both my 5 amp batteries fuel gauges stopped working completely but the batteries still worked fine  

11 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Thats disappointing the fuel gauge shit out so soon, I've become so dependent on them

Yea they were only past a year old aswell. I honestly think the multitool vibrations is what done it, I noticed them go faulty after using that consistently. Anyway I was able to sell them on a local buy and sell site for what I could order two new ones from the U.K for, I stated in the ad that they had faulty gauges but worked besides that. 

• 3 years later...