Milwaukee SURGE

Todd H

e74df79d233fe325c0905dec3d784465.jpg

I have had the privilege of testing out the SURGE for the past month and all the hype is truly accurate. It is as powerful as regular Fuel impacts and super quiet. While using the SURGE I continually have the feeling it is set on a lower setting. Noise and vibration cause this affect. You will not be disappointed in this tool!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I have 3 other Fuel impacts and the SURGE will run beside them without fail! The sound it makes does make me think for a second everytime I pick it up. Many, many hours of the traditional impacts so ears aren't accustomed. Maybe they never. Nice and quiet is fimlne by me! You'll find it perform as good as the others with the added benefits SURGE offers!

Milwaukee sent me a surge to review and it quickly became my favourite! So quiet! Keeps up with my M18 impact. I just wrote a short blog about it.  http://jrrusticdesign.blogspot.ca/2017/01/milwaukee-m18-fuel-surge-hydraulic.html?m=1

Great review I got a lot of information out of that. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, ikepete said:

Great review I got a lot of information out of that. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man! Just started the blog! More tools reviews to follow! Getting a flex Volt miter saw next week! Review to follow! Follow me on Facebook, instagram and YouTube. JR rusticdesign 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Todd H said:

I have 3 other Fuel impacts and the SURGE will run beside them without fail! The sound it makes does make me think for a second everytime I pick it up. Many, many hours of the traditional impacts so ears aren't accustomed. Maybe they never. Nice and quiet is fimlne by me! You'll find it perform as good as the others with the added benefits SURGE offers!

It runs with them up to a point. Then it is soundly trounced. The sweet spot/niche it fills is something other impacts can't do though, that's for certain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JR_RusticDesign said:

Milwaukee sent me a surge to review and it quickly became my favourite! So quiet! Keeps up with my M18 impact. I just wrote a short blog about it.  http://jrrusticdesign.blogspot.ca/2017/01/milwaukee-m18-fuel-surge-hydraulic.html?m=1

Whaoh hey what's up? Another IG name I recognize! As you may have seen, they sent me one as well....forget where i put that tidbit of info here on the forum though... 

Found it:

2 hours ago, Todd H said:

e74df79d233fe325c0905dec3d784465.jpg

I have had the privilege of testing out the SURGE for the past month and all the hype is truly accurate. It is as powerful as regular Fuel impacts and super quiet. While using the SURGE I continually have the feeling it is set on a lower setting. Noise and vibration cause this affect. You will not be disappointed in this tool!

Yes, love mine, it's become my favorite, even over the feature packed onekey impact!

I ran this against generation 2s and a onekey. Fastening pole barn steel with 1 1/2" pole barn screws. 5 hours on site. All ran off same battery. 2 4.0 ah and 2 - 5.0 ah. Bigger fasteners may reveal the difference but for this application the performed the same.

I did some side by side testing with a surge and a M18 one key impact and the surge often times was faster with 3 inch deck screws. It handles self tapping screws great too. But using 6 inch lags is where she started to lag (lol) behind the impact. Technically it's not designed for big stuff. But regardless, it's an amazing driver! Much quieter!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Todd H said:

I ran this against generation 2s and a onekey. Fastening pole barn steel with 1 1/2" pole barn screws. 5 hours on site. All ran off same battery. 2 4.0 ah and 2 - 5.0 ah. Bigger fasteners may reveal the difference but for this application the performed the same.

My fasteners size will probably range from 3/4" to 3" screws, it's what the surge is designed around and it does them easily. The biggest thing is in sheet metal, the difference is a dream!

2 minutes ago, JR_RusticDesign said:

Knarly! Good to see ya! I totally agree. I got the one key as well and I'm only reaching for the surge mostly!

Yup! Only thing I was surprised at is the 5.0 batteries. I was hoping for some slim pack 2.0s because it's not designed to be a monster power house, so I was hoping for a lighter weight impact.  I think they should have done that instead....

5 minutes ago, JR_RusticDesign said:

I did some side by side testing with a surge and a M18 one key impact and the surge often times was faster with 3 inch deck screws. It handles self tapping screws great too. But using 6 inch lags is where she started to lag (lol) behind the impact. Technically it's not designed for big stuff. But regardless, it's an amazing driver! Much quieter!

3 minutes ago, Todd H said:

6 inch lags or rss tech screws is a job for 3/8" impact. Or maybe even the 1/2" with converter tip. Right tool for each job. I pay for most of my tools so don't hunt moose with a bb gun!

LOL yeah, kinda pushing it to the extremes there!

• Like 1

Yup! Only thing I was surprised at is the 5.0 batteries. I was hoping for some slim pack 2.0s because it's not designed to be a monster power house, so I was hoping for a lighter weight impact.  I think they should have done that instead....

[/url] ..

I know eh! I'll take the 5.0s any day! (for free)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JR_RusticDesign said:

I hear ya. I get some free gear with the expectation for the manufacturer to test them out and see what they are capable of and post my findings. It's a messy job but someone has to do it!

hmm i got some stuff from Southwire, kinda put it on the back burner, i should probably get around to posting about that soon LOL

Although no one has ever mentioned about expecting to have them tested, so technically, you could just forego that little detail HAHA

I figured I would recieve the compact kit too but 5.0s were included. I have a couple of compact batteries from the grease gun kit I bought. They are fine for that tool but can't beat run time of 4.0s and 5.0s!!

• Like 1