Milwaukee SURGE

Todd H

5 minutes ago, Todd H said:

I have gotten info from a rep that they are going to introduce a plug in adapter that will power all m18 tools soon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Makes me wonder what the compromise will be; size, weight, or price. My guess is it would be multiple of those. 

Makes me wonder what the compromise will be; size, weight, or price. My guess is it would be multiple of those. 

No idea. Actually overheard area Rep with store manager talking about it. I asked him and he said it is not far off.

I already got the new speaker lol. Yeah it's black and yellow! And flex Volty

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Crap i missed your post stupid new ig algorithm... 

8 minutes ago, Todd H said:

I have gotten info from a rep that they are going to introduce a plug in adapter that will power all m18 tools soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Todd H said:

No idea. Actually overheard area Rep with store manager talking about it. I asked him and he said it is not far off.

That would be awesome, particularly for some of the heavy draw tools that would be more stationary like miter saw, flood lights, and others. Maybe not so great for a drill, but could always be useful in a pinch.

• Like 4

On 1/2/2017 at 8:48 PM, Todd H said:

That's odd that they would ship the new Bluetooth speaker with a standard AC adapter like you find on most smaller electronics if they plan to release a 18v shaped adapter. I'm glad the speaker can be plugged in or powered by a battery, but it seems pointless to include a solution that they are essentially replacing in the suspected near future.

• Like 1

I got to run my surge a bit today, I love that impact gun.... I doubt my one key fuel impact will see much use in the future.  I gave my buddy the one key to run and we raced driving 5 in screws into a 4x4. It was pretty close speed wise, but the noise difference is so nice. It just sounds like a sewing machine.

• Like 5

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:47 PM, Woz said:

What ever happened to the 3 that were supposed to be given away? Never heard anything since the video was released. 

I actually won one. The Surge is definitely my favorite impact over the brushed one and corded one I have. The only thing I have noticed it struggles with was 42a642a5-d7f7-4ff1-846e-cfc92409c61a_100

It did not struggle with Milwaukee Titanium Shockwave Drill Bit Kit (23-Piece)My application has been mostly indoor fasteners for mounting tech/office equipment. The quieter action does make a difference in that setting.  I have also used it for decking screw applications and it has preformed well.

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:48 PM, Todd H said:

There was a company already making these for Milwaukee, Dewalt and Bosch(I think, maybe Makita). The website is gone now. If you search for "losgatos adapter" it should pop up. Wish I would've gotten one a long time ago. They looked like quality units and advertised great specs for amp draw.

19 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

I got to run my surge a bit today, I love that impact gun.... I doubt my one key fuel impact will see much use in the future.  I gave my buddy the one key to run and we raced driving 5 in screws into a 4x4. It was pretty close speed wise, but the noise difference is so nice. It just sounds like a sewing machine.

I totally agree with this. My hearing is badly damaged anyway but it greatly benefits my residents when working in their apartments. I've had noise complaints from using my impact but none from the same people when using the Surge. The feel of it is different though at first, almost like it's trying but not doing anything. Love it. 

9 hours ago, Claeg said:

BTW I typically use the Fuel Drill for drill bits like the one above, but some times it is simply easier to carry around just the impact and throw bits in and out of it.

Yeah, it's an ingrained need to use a drill with bits like those, and I never think of just using my impact for drilling. Maybe one day I'll drink an extra cup of coffee and get creative with my impact LOL

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
Any one know if this would be a good choice for automotive or body shop use?

Well it’s going to put out less peak (nut busting) torque compared to an impact and it’s physically bulkier. The big plus is quiet but body shop work generally leans towards work that should require ear plugs anyway (hammers, grinders, impacts, needle guns, metal saws), especially where removing bolts is concerned so my thinking is no. I’d see more use in having a variety of impacts like a little stubby one, a mid size (around 250 ft-lbs) and the monster 1400 ft-lb bust or break tool. Use torque sticks on the mid size to save time tightening bolts instead of a torque wrench.