Stay away from porter cable orbital 5" sanders

Though I would share this with ya . if you are on the market for a orbital sander I highly suggest you stay away from porter cable . my experience has been nothing but bad with them , have fixed a lot they vibrate like its nobobies business the bottom have likes to move on its own . just trying to save you guys a lot of problems . if you use a sander a lot or everyday I wouldn't even think about getting one. Just my 2¢ personally I own 7 old 5" makita orbital sanders that I fixed up ;) 

20170109_085432.jpg

20170109_085439.jpg

• Like 2

Though I would share this with ya . if you are on the market for a orbital sander I highly suggest you stay away from porter cable . my experience has been nothing but bad with them , have fixed a lot they vibrate like its nobobies business the bottom have likes to move on its own . just trying to save you guys a lot of problems . if you use a sander a lot or everyday I wouldn't even think about getting one. Just my 2¢ personally I own 7 old 5" makita orbital sanders that I fixed up [emoji6] 

20170109_085432.jpg

20170109_085439.jpg

Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Though I would share this with ya . if you are on the market for a orbital sander I highly suggest you stay away from porter cable . my experience has been nothing but bad with them , have fixed a lot they vibrate like its nobobies business the bottom have likes to move on its own . just trying to save you guys a lot of problems . if you use a sander a lot or everyday I wouldn't even think about getting one. Just my 2¢ personally I own 7 old 5" makita orbital sanders that I fixed up [emoji6] 

20170109_085432.jpg

20170109_085439.jpg

Thanks for the heads up

• Like 1

Wow! I'm a little taken a back a few years back I bought one, slightly different model at menards for 30 bucks, I was just really getting into tools at the time and it fit my bill and budget. I still have this sander and by looks and dust level has been one of my most used sanders until the last few months where I've gotten into some higher quality sanders. I'll have to add in the model number but I have never had vibration or skipping with it and has always generated a nice finish. It isn't overly powerful but is very easy to control. As of right now it's a better sander than my festool pro 5, which at the heart is a 200 dollar unit. Now maybe over time it will start to fail but I've used t on virtually every wood project I have done and have never had a gripe about it, maybe I just got one of the ones or something but it's still one of my favs! Note about my festool I've opened a ticket to have it serviced.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Wow! I'm a little taken a back a few years back I bought one, slightly different model at menards for 30 bucks, I was just really getting into tools at the time and it fit my bill and budget. I still have this sander and by looks and dust level has been one of my most used sanders until the last few months where I've gotten into some higher quality sanders. I'll have to add in the model number but I have never had vibration or skipping with it and has always generated a nice finish. It isn't overly powerful but is very easy to control. As of right now it's a better sander than my festool pro 5, which at the heart is a 200 dollar unit. Now maybe over time it will start to fail but I've used t on virtually every wood project I have done and have never had a gripe about it, maybe I just got one of the ones or something but it's still one of my favs! Note about my festool I've opened a ticket to have it serviced.

lucky every unit is like this there are about 10 units at my high school