Off Road Adventure

EEtwidget

I went up to Big Bear on Saturday to do some off-road with my brother-in-law & father-in-law. It was an easy trail but very wet.

IMG_8450.JPG

some snow but mostly mud, water and ice. I haven't had a chance to properly waterproof my truck and I paid the price. The 4Runner died, and about 10 miles from any roads. Luckily I'm usually over prepared.

IMG_8477.JPG

Pulled the plugs & disassembled the intake. 

IMG_8475.JPG

used the compressor to blow out evap lines and cleaned all electrical. My family enjoyed the show.

IMG_8488.JPG

I love this hobby. At one point a passer-by gave me his number and told me if I needed any parts give him a call and he will make a run.

i was able to get the rig running and off the trail. Toyota's are so tough, even when you break them they run!IMG_8490.JPG

Found a pizza place but parking was a nightmare. Luckily I was already muddy so I pulled around back to the washed out lot.

Every time I shut the truck down I had to go through the ritual of resetting the ECU & convincing the rig to go closed loop. 

Made the 2-hour drive home! Now to clean & properly troubleshoot this rig. I'll be building a snorkel and doing waterproofing soon. 

IMG_8494.JPG

Coverd my TIA stickerIMG_8492.JPG

NASA sticker didn't collect much dirt? Must be some fancy technology in that sticker 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...