Dewalt DWHTMR77C Rivet Gun - Tool use???

CCinPA

On the opposite end of the tool for replacing the tips is a tool that fits into the back of the head and turns a large set-screw...  What is the purpose of turning the large set-screw?  No reference to it in the instructions.  Called Dewalt customer-service... They didn't know either.  Help?

8 hours ago, Grumpy MSG said:

Are you talking about the wrench for changing the tips of the rivet gun so it can be used with different sized rivets?

The opposite end of the wrench is basically a slotted screwdriver, for removal of the thingamajig in the rear of the riveter head. OK where's @Conductor562 when we need him

3 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

The opposite end of the wrench is basically a slotted screwdriver, for removal of the thingamajig in the rear of the riveter head. OK where's @Conductor562 when we need him

Sorry, Conductor was taking his monthly fucking from his ISP ?

Yep, it's used to remove the back end of the assembly for lubrication and service. I have the same Stanley Swivel Head model.

If you wish to lube, just remove the cap and shoot some light oil in. Don't remove the internal pieces unless you need to. 

IMG_6866.JPG

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Sorry, Conductor was taking his monthly fucking from his ISP ?

Yep, it's used to remove the back end of the assembly for lubrication and service. I have the same Stanley Swivel Head model.

If you wish to lube, just remove the cap and shoot some light oil in. Don't remove the internal pieces unless you need to. 

IMG_6866.JPG

Mystery solved... Thanks! 

• 11 months later...

I just bought the Dewalt Rivet Gun discussed here (DWHTMR77C). Not rocket science, I know, yet I am still failing miserably.

I have a double wall steel workbench for which I am trying to replace a drawer slide. See pics A1 (left side needing replaced) and A2 right side, working, for reference).

I would not typically get to see the back side of the rivet after installation (inside double wall), but in my case, the rivet does not seem to "flare" enough to hold. See pic B.

I am using a 1/8" short stainless steel rivet in a 1/8" hole. See pic C.

Should I force a 3/16" rivet in and give it a whirl?

Any help is appreciated. This simple project has gotten the best of me.

Regards,

Eric

A1.jpg

A2.JPG

B.JPG

• 4 years later...