Graco/Dewalt Paint Sprayer

Marcv76

This is a awesome find I just came across. Graco just came out with a cordless paint sprayer that uses Dewalt 20v batteries. I have the corded version and it works great. I will definitely be buying one of these. 

http://www.graco.com/us/en/products/contractor/ultra-corded-airless-handheld.html

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 10.15.39 PM.png

• Like 4

I seen there was another company that was using Milwaukee batteries. I like how smaller companies are using batteries from tried and true platforms instead of making their own proprietary batteries. I can't wait until batteries become standardized. Would be nice to use dewalt batteries on makita tools, makita batteries on milwaukee tools, an so on.

• Like 2

Without taking too much about things I cannot talk about(1st rule of fight club), there might be an initiative where by DeWalt may or may not work with other companies outside SBD to produce items of a non competing nature to be "Powered By DeWalt".  Cough Cough, this is just speculation based on NOTHING AT ALL....

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Rtorres092382 said:

Would buy this in a heartbeat if it was legit brought to us by Dewalt and not just powered by their batteries.

I would rather have a company like Graco who have been in the paint sprayer business for a forever make the product using DeWALT batteries, instead of DeWALT trying to make a paint sprayer and have to build 3 generations before they have a decent sprayer..

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Grumpy MSG said:

I would rather have a company like Graco who have been in the paint sprayer business for a forever make the product using DeWALT batteries, instead of DeWALT trying to make a paint sprayer and have to build 3 generations before they have a decent sprayer..

Powered by Universal Battery Platform. 

It looks like they are using PPS liners too. How cool. This would be great for on site finishing or small jobs in the shop. I wonder if it can run a fine finish tip and push ProClassic trim paint...

They have a model that can spray solvent based finishes too. I want to try one.
  • Like 4

Exactly! I love outsourcing of major brand batteries

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

Ha, just noticed the local Graco dealer is Sherman Williams....... I'm building a house for one of their design consultants..... HUMMMM I wonder...............

And they must be so new that you can't find them on the website. I did see a cordless sprayer with a different battery when I went looking for about $450. Hopefully the price on this one will be lower.

1 minute ago, Grumpy MSG said:

And they must be so new that you can't find them on the website. I did see a cordless sprayer with a different battery when I went looking for about $450. Hopefully the price on this one will be lower.

Next time I see her I will ask, I'm sure they don't stock em but can't hurt to ask.

10 hours ago, overanalyze said:

It looks like they are using PPS liners too. How cool. This would be great for on site finishing or small jobs in the shop. I wonder if it can run a fine finish tip and push ProClassic trim paint...

They have a model that can spray solvent based finishes too. I want to try one.

That's cool I wondered what that was because it looks like there is a bag which is deforming as tho the machine is pulling the paint out and creating a vacuum on the "bag"

Also it says they should ship next week and are available to order now!

Can readers / users of this topic please add known manufactors who use Dewalt batteries with their tools

please no comments first, let´s try to get a list with this post and comment later

Dewalt XR battery plattform

1. DeWALT USA 20V Max / DeWalt Europe 18V (same battery ! , just marketing)
  2. Mac Tools
  3. Graco

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, midogrumpy said:

Can readers / users of this topic please add known manufactors who use Dewalt batteries with their tools

please no comments first, let´s try to get a list with this post and comment later

2. Mac Tools
  3. Graco

Wouldn't hurt to make a thread on the topic.... as I suspect more may be in the pipes but I'll add a 3rd party item....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C3FTYG0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

55 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Doesn't matco also use the same form factor as DeWalt specific batteries, just with their own color and logo (same but different, all SBD...)

I believe they are owned by Danaher not SBD and no their batteries are not compatible.  You might be thinking of Mac which is an SBD brand, I would love a Mac battery ooohhh rubber over mold and fluid resistant

20V MAX* R-Spec Li-Ion Battery - 5.0Ah

Facom a SBD company:779.CL3_PH05

Image result for mac battery on dewalt tool

Mac also SBD:

Image result for mac battery on dewalt tool

Would be sweet if SBD adopted this approach for all their brands..... I would soooo buy Black and Decker stuff for "non essential" or less used tools, probably some Porter Cable goodies too.  

3 hours ago, midogrumpy said:

2. Mac Tools
  3. Graco

Sidchrome seems to be 12v max, looks like rebranded mac/facom

Glue gun here

https://elimadenttools.com/products/elim-a-dent-cordless-glue-gun-powered-by-dewalt

Also sure I've seen a rivet gun but can't find it now & have some recollection of a greenlee crimper? That ran on 20v max.. 

Screenshot_2017-02-03-02-50-14.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

I believe they are owned by Danaher not SBD and no their batteries are not compatible.  You might be thinking of Mac which is an SBD brand, I would love a Mac battery ooohhh rubber over mold and fluid resistant

20V MAX* R-Spec Li-Ion Battery - 5.0Ah

Aha I get it yes that's right

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

Sidchrome seems to be 12v max, looks like rebranded mac/facom

Glue gun here

https://elimadenttools.com/products/elim-a-dent-cordless-glue-gun-powered-by-dewalt

Also sure I've seen a rivet gun but can't find it now & have some recollection of a greenlee crimper? That ran on 20v max.. 

Screenshot_2017-02-03-02-50-14.png

That's cool, they also have ones for Milwaukee or Makita batteries