New decision

Theultimatehic

So I've decided to invest in the 12v line for both the drill/ impact combo plus I'm eventually gonna get the 12v 16gauge shear. Shear is big reason for me.  And the bosch 12v drills are top rated. So I'm selling all my ryobi tools 3 drills and batteries and an older ryobi circular saw to a coworker to fund it. Then I'm gonna choose which brand i wanna invent into for 18v but don't really need 18v especially since I'm usually using a corded drill unless it requires an extention cord simply because I'm lazy lol. Anybody else using the bosch 12v line.  How do you like them? 

• Like 1

Though I am not a user, but the Bosch 12V lineup is highly recommended everywhere. They are among one of the most compact tools.
I have their basic 12V screwdriver/ 6mm drill - known as the GSR1000 Professional in India. I was able to grab it for just $40 during sale and it's a great little yet powerful screwdriver.
I'd let people with more experience than me chime in, but I think they would also recommend the Bosch lineup.

• Like 2

Makita offers a 12v and an 18v? Thought they only had18v tools. Never used makita alot though i do have an old makita corded drill i was given.

They have two 12v lines but their stick pack line was replaced by the slide pack CXT line, still small but growing, nice grips on the tools

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Well I am selling the ryobi tools Monday so some next time I'll be making my first cordless bosch purchase.  Have a few bosch corded tools. And the radio i bought is bosch. Seems like the logical choice for me.  Thanks for the feedback everyone. 

• Like 3

Well I am selling the ryobi tools Monday so some next time I'll be making my first cordless bosch purchase.  Have a few bosch corded tools. And the radio i bought is bosch. Seems like the logical choice for me.  Thanks for the feedback everyone. 

Big fan of their new EC drills

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Theultimatehic said:

Good for you bro. I've got the brushless subcompact screwdriver, the FL12 light, the vacuum, two jackets and the rotary tool (from the UK it's currently NAINA). They are great tools.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Theultimatehic said:

bosch makes great tools. might not be the fastest but some of the most well built and thought out. 

• Like 3

On 2/1/2017 at 1:48 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

Didn't know they made 12v shears that cool

me neither.
bosch 12v is a bit small but quality is great. A good all around line. I prefer Makita 12v because of the more ergonomic slide pack style handle.
@Theultimatehic if you are interested in 18v I would suggest Makita subcompact. They are very small for 18v yet have a lot of the features of an 18v like 3 speed impact and brushless motors. Power is good as well. If you ever happen to need more power their top of the line drill and impact are some of the best.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The 12V line is really great. The only thing I don't like about it is the bulky grip because I have small hands. Dan was having the same problem in a video. This may not be an issue for you but I would try the tools first to see if it's fit you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pouet said:

The 12V line is really great. The only thing I don't like about it is the bulky grip because I have small hands. Dan was having the same problem in a video. This may not be an issue for you but I would try the tools first to see if it's fit you.

I have big hands so not am issue for me, but thanks for the heads up. Ended up getting a set of drills donated to me by @Fletcher94

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

My first power tools were Bosch 12v (brushed drill and impact).

Sadly I sold them 2 weeks ago to raise funds to buy into Makita 18v. They were really great, extremely well built and very smooth.  

I considered getting the brushless 12v drill/impact but wanted a bit more drilling power (I drill lots of steel). Anyway, Makita 18v has some great 12v sized tools that I thought would be good replacements for the Bosch 12v. I have an XFD11 subcompact drill and TD170 impact. 

I still have the Bosch 12v vacuum and LED light (versatile but needs a third low brightness setting). Rotary and shears are on the wish list. 

Overall out of all the brands I think Bosch easily feels the best built. I wish their 18v range had more compact options, the drills and impacts are huge.

Bosch brushless 12v is indeed good, but I felt they took a step back with ergonomics compared to the brushed versions. The handles are more contoured and comfortable than the brushed, but they removed the rubber grips on the handles so they become easy to slip out of the hand. The EC drill can't stand up with a compact battery, unlike the brushed. Not sure how this happened given how the MUCH larger 12v Fuel drill can stand up on its own.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
My first power tools were Bosch 12v (brushed drill and impact).

Sadly I sold them 2 weeks ago to raise funds to buy into Makita 18v. They were really great, extremely well built and very smooth.  

I considered getting the brushless 12v drill/impact but wanted a bit more drilling power (I drill lots of steel). Anyway, Makita 18v has some great 12v sized tools that I thought would be good replacements for the Bosch 12v. I have an XFD11 subcompact drill and TD170 impact. 

I still have the Bosch 12v vacuum and LED light (versatile but needs a third low brightness setting). Rotary and shears are on the wish list. 

Overall out of all the brands I think Bosch easily feels the best built. I wish their 18v range had more compact options, the drills and impacts are huge.

I think their drills and impacts are on the smaller side. Their impactor impact is tiny. I want to see it compared to the Makita 170 for size.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not sure which one you're talking about but I have a bosch 18v compact ids181 impact.  Yes it's small but I think it's very under powered with only 1150ft/lbs of torque.  It'll drive a 3" deck screw but even that seems to be a challenge for it and it is noticeably slower than my old dewalt 18v impact driver.  I don't have any makitas but I want to say it was similar in size to the first gen m18 fuel impact.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, paddyjones said:

This winter Bosch will release both a planer and a router in the 12v here in europe. 6,0 AH batteries have been here for some months now emoji106.pngemoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow sounds great. I suppose the planer will have a smaller plate. Would be perfect to do doors and countertop edges :-) Will they work with the guide rails?

A rotary hammer would be great too.