Tough system music

Spyderx92

Tough system radio is probably the loudest base around...and has a nice cover for the batteries to charge under....it mostly water resistant and it does take a beating....I have 2...I also like the new cr025 it is easier to use , I think it's clearer but not as loud base...but I don't like the open battery on back..I have 1......

9 minutes ago, 77Ford said:

Yes and yes....I have 2. Best radio out there, take to the beach put it in the office or on the shelf anywhere. Love the Bluetooth ?

Was it ever worked out if you can remotely control playback from bluetooth? Volume at least? I was looking at this when it came out but I remember people complaining about this missing something that allows that, and the new one supposedly was going to have it but I haven't heard anything since then. 

• Like 1

Was it ever worked out if you can remotely control playback from bluetooth? Volume at least? I was looking at this when it came out but I remember people complaining about this missing something that allows that, and the new one supposedly was going to have it but I haven't heard anything since then. 

Yes......works Great [emoji106]

Tough Tool Reviews on Instragram
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

gen 2 tough system radio?

• 2 weeks later...

i have had mine for alittle over a year now. love the sound best out there. this could have been a really great radio if they got rid of the crummy power supply and supplied a 120 volt detachable power cord. the rubber feet wore out in about 6 months,and the power supply went last week. 54.00 from dewalt for new one. the compartment on top could have been used for a couple of outlets. i dont use it for my iphone or ipod, im afraid the vibration in there will destroy sensitive equipment.Would i buy another one? probably,, just for the sound alone. im hoping they come out with a new model, with a real ac hookup, and maybe some outlets. i would definitly buy it. all in all you wont be sorry if you buy it.Im a contractor and my tools take a beating on the job site.,and actually it has held up pretty good.All the guys on the job site ask me when im going to turn radio on. they would rather listen to mine.

• Like 1

I've had mine for almost a year and I love it; definitely the most used DeWalt tool I own! I don't even use the radio in my van any more, I just keep this on the passenger seat and play tracks off my phone through it because the sound quality is so much better than the speakers in my cab. 

About 4 or 5 months ago, it stopped working off the wall charger. I've tested the charger itself and it is fine, so the problem is with the charging circuit in the stereo unit itself. Since then I've been running it off a 5AH battery which I charge externally. Bit of a PITA but it still works. Anyway, I'll be returning it under warranty this week before my 1 year runs out. Unfortunately I forgot to register it within 4 weeks of purchase for the 3 year extended warranty.

This will be the first DeWalt item I'll have had to return so I'm hoping the process goes smoothly. It has no date code or serial number like a normal tool does, so I'm a it unsure about how I can register it on the My Dewalt site. Anyone have any suggestions on that?

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:51 PM, UnicornSystems said:

I've had mine for almost a year and I love it; definitely the most used DeWalt tool I own! I don't even use the radio in my van any more, I just keep this on the passenger seat and play tracks off my phone through it because the sound quality is so much better than the speakers in my cab. 

About 4 or 5 months ago, it stopped working off the wall charger. I've tested the charger itself and it is fine, so the problem is with the charging circuit in the stereo unit itself. Since then I've been running it off a 5AH battery which I charge externally. Bit of a PITA but it still works. Anyway, I'll be returning it under warranty this week before my 1 year runs out. Unfortunately I forgot to register it within 4 weeks of purchase for the 3 year extended warranty.

This will be the first DeWalt item I'll have had to return so I'm hoping the process goes smoothly. It has no date code or serial number like a normal tool does, so I'm a it unsure about how I can register it on the My Dewalt site. Anyone have any suggestions on that?

I had a DCB102 dual charger that did not charge on one side.  I contacted DeWalt, they directed me to the nearest service center, and the guy there told me point blank that it'd probably be replaced as opposed to repaired.  I shipped it to them and got a new one on my doorstep within a week.  As for the DeWalt site, you don't need a date code or serial number--there's no place to put them anyway--so just fill out the online registration and you should be good to go. 

I joined the TS music club yesterday.  The sound is outstanding compared to the DCR006 I'd been using (and which I bought a second of the day prior) and I love the fact that it can stack and lock into the other TS components.  Now I just need a couple more wheeled boxes or a carrier!

3 hours ago, rfwjr said:

These were on clearance for $150.00 at my HD this weekend. I was very tempted to grab one.

That's the same price mine was (before 10% discount), despite the sticker that showed it was $199.  These are not normally stocked at Home Depot, so if anyone wants one and their local store has one left, it will likely be marked down.  I passed on one in Columbia, SC around this time last year and was kicking myself since.  The radio and functionality is worth $199, but a steal at $135.

• Like 1

It sounds amazing but holy cow do I hate the layout, size, and interface. I understand it's meant to be used as part of the Tough System stacking layout but man, it'd be amazing if they were able to keep the sound while reducing the size and making it compatible with the FlexVolt batteries.

It sounds amazing but holy cow do I hate the layout, size, and interface. I understand it's meant to be used as part of the Tough System stacking layout but man, it'd be amazing if they were able to keep the sound while reducing the size and making it compatible with the FlexVolt batteries.

Why does it need to be compatible with with FlexVolt batteries? It doesn't need a big expensive battery in it. Runtime is great with a 5.0ah. I would rather delegate my FlexVolt batteries to tools that have a higher battery drain.
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, The.Handyman said:

Why does it need to be compatible with with FlexVolt batteries? It doesn't need a big expensive battery in it. Runtime is great with a 5.0ah. I would rather delegate my FlexVolt batteries to tools that have a higher battery drain.

It's splitting hairs since the FlexVolt came out after this radio was already made anyhow. Just out of curiosity, I'd love to see what the runtime on it is running off DeWalt's 12v 1st gen lithium batteries.

1 hour ago, aabee said:

It's splitting hairs since the FlexVolt came out after this radio was already made anyhow. Just out of curiosity, I'd love to see what the runtime on it is running off DeWalt's 12v 1st gen lithium batteries.

I'll give it a go when I get the chance; I have a few 1.3Ah 12v max batteries with 2011 date codes.  They last a few hours in my DCR006 Bluetooth speaker.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I put a fresh 1.3Ah battery in the radio three days ago.  Used the radio to listen to the SXM app through Bluetooth at about 75% volume for an hour Monday, about 30 minutes Tuesday, and for roughly two hours yesterday.  The display is showing that the battery is at 50% charge now.  Before that I had another 1.3Ah battery running the radio; that one lasted all of last week with similar nightly usage (30-120 minutes) before the radio stopped playing and displayed a low battery message.