Ridgid 18v Air Compressor?

jtkendall

I'm not sure how I feel about this unit.  

On one hand, pretty cool being battery operated.

On the other hand, I can't imagine it running very long plus it is such a small supply.  You can only use small nailers.

Wouldn't be bad for light trim jobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Wow,, very innovative...wish Dewalt had it,,very clever ,one of those tools that you can throw big batteries on to get more runtime,I think it said 1200 brads that's a lot of work...don't know about noise level...if it's a high pitch thing then ...eh..but great job rigid ! .,,I still might buy it and I'm alll cordless anyway...it's it's cute..

So as @Hugh Jass lamented about the belt sander:

and then there's this cordless (single or dual) battery compressor, plus their cordless trim router (everyone is raving about) 

And NOW:

Cordless jobsite propane heater LOL that's definitely a first haha

2017-02-12_10-09-40

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

So as @Hugh Jass lamented about the belt sander:

and then there's this cordless (single or dual) battery compressor, plus their cordless trim router (everyone is raving about) 

And NOW:

Cordless jobsite propane heater LOL that's definitely a first haha

2017-02-12_10-09-40

So I apparently don't really understand the concept of a propane heater. The power comes from the propane tank. You might get a spark from the battery to light it, but why else would you need a battery? Perhaps there's a fan involved?

6 hours ago, khariV said:

So I apparently don't really understand the concept of a propane heater. The power comes from the propane tank. You might get a spark from the battery to light it, but why else would you need a battery? Perhaps there's a fan involved?

Yes, there's a fan to blow the heat out and help the combustion. 

• Like 1

Rigid has pushed me to the edge.  They are releasing tools I want.  I just don't want to start another battery collection.

I probably wouldn't buy the compressor.  I don't have a use for it.  It's cool though.  

If I were going to buy another heater, I would buy the cordless over a corded model.  I'm not really in the market for more heaters, at this time.  They are something that last a long time.

Now the new belt sander, palm sander, and router.  That's not fair.  Putting them right there in front of me.  They are almost as bad as the girl scouts set up in front of the store.  Who can resist cookies?  Then you get in the store and they are tempting me again.  Who can resist cordless tools?

A little more on the serious side.  I went to Home Depot Saturday.  Thought I would look at what Rigid had.  I've seen a few guys have stuff on the job.  Radio, drills, circular saw.  Now with these sanders out, I wanted to see what else was offered.  

Almost nothing there.  Your standard drill and impact.  Then drill/impact combo.  What is going on there?  

I can order them online, but I wanted to get my hands on them.

Oh well.  Rant is over.  I just want some cool tools.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2017 at 7:03 AM, builditguy said:

Rigid has pushed me to the edge.  They are releasing tools I want.  I just don't want to start another battery collection.

I probably wouldn't buy the compressor.  I don't have a use for it.  It's cool though.  

If I were going to buy another heater, I would buy the cordless over a corded model.  I'm not really in the market for more heaters, at this time.  They are something that last a long time.

Now the new belt sander, palm sander, and router.  That's not fair.  Putting them right there in front of me.  They are almost as bad as the girl scouts set up in front of the store.  Who can resist cookies?  Then you get in the store and they are tempting me again.  Who can resist cordless tools?

A little more on the serious side.  I went to Home Depot Saturday.  Thought I would look at what Rigid had.  I've seen a few guys have stuff on the job.  Radio, drills, circular saw.  Now with these sanders out, I wanted to see what else was offered.  

Almost nothing there.  Your standard drill and impact.  Then drill/impact combo.  What is going on there?  

I can order them online, but I wanted to get my hands on them.

Oh well.  Rant is over.  I just want some cool tools.

Same here, I hardly ever get a chance to go to HD, but when I head north that way, i have to stop in. All they have is the standard setup, with a few exceptions like the new Flexvolt grinder and miter saw. I really wanted to see some of the tools you're referring too as well, but no dice. Maybe it's a lower populated area, but i was disappointed nonetheless...  

I'm a Dewalt guy...some Ryobi,(my main second level tools) Milwaukee,Bosch,and one rigid corded trim router........I'm about to give in and make rigid my new second  battery platform.....damn that's cool tools.....I want that heater, compressor,router,sander..( my Ryobi router,sander are getting old) No Dewalt hope in sight....so I'm almost ready to make rigid my second platform.....really cool,useful tools......props to rigid.....if 1 more cool rigid tool comes out ....I'm in

19 hours ago, Framer joe said:

I'm a Dewalt guy...some Ryobi,(my main second level tools) Milwaukee,Bosch,and one rigid corded trim router........I'm about to give in and make rigid my new second  battery platform.....damn that's cool tools.....I want that heater, compressor,router,sander..( my Ryobi router,sander are getting old) No Dewalt hope in sight....so I'm almost ready to make rigid my second platform.....really cool,useful tools......props to rigid.....if 1 more cool rigid tool comes out ....I'm in

Ridgid wasn't like that till recently they were not really releasing anything interesting for awhile till recently. I wonder if they got new management in there maybe someone from Milwaukee possibly? TTI is the corporate parent of both.

Thanks,,,I get the whole tti thing it's very interesting what rigid is doing (tti) that cordless compressor will work great installing windows on new homes...no dragging a long hose around,the house or reroute it..,a 20ft hose and that compressor in a man lift a boom ,window install with a roofing gun is now so easy.....and that heater should be amazing when framing a house..no nasty kerosene smell...

Ridgid wasn't like that till recently they were not really releasing anything interesting for awhile till recently. I wonder if they got new management in there maybe someone from Milwaukee possibly? TTI is the corporate parent of both.

AEG is marketed in more countries than Milwaukee. Hence the rebranding of some AEG tools as Milwaukee/Ridgid.

AEG is a pretty big part of TTI.

Ridgid is US/Canada only.

https://www.aeg-powertools.eu/en-gb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1